EVERY one of us has relied on the NHS and its loyal staff at some point. But we rarely get a chance to say thank you. That’s why last year we launched our first ever Who Cares Wins health awards. Today is the second annual event, taking place in the year of the NHS’s 70th birthday. It is a chance for Sun readers to pay tribute to your health heroes – the doctors, nurses, midwives, volunteers and other medical staff who have saved your lives or cared for your loved ones. Inside this special souvenir pullout, you can read the moving and inspiring stories of the 33 nominees in all 11 categories – including the Christina Newbury Memorial Award, in honour of our Health Editor who died suddenly earlier this year, aged just 31. See tomorrow’s story to find out the winners. BEST HEALTH CHARITY Lily’s death inspired mum to help others with disease WHEN Liz Curtis lost her eight-month-old daughter Lily to mitochondrial disease, she was determined no other family should suffer the same pain. So she founded The Lily Foundation in 2007 and has dedicated her life to raising awareness of the incurable, life-limiting genetic condition. To date,… Read full this story
- Defeat Fibromyalgia Inspiring Story Tells You How
- The Inspiring Story of Danny Bryant: Hyperbaric Chamber Saves Pueblo Man’s Legs
- Oscars 2016 Predictions: Leonardo DiCaprio Will Win Academy Award For Best Actor
- Oscars 2016 Predictions: The Big Short Will Win Academy Award For Best Adapted Screenplay
- Oscars 2016 Predictions: Brie Larson Will Win Academy Award For Best Actress
- WWE News: Roman Reigns wins ESPY Award for Best WWE Moment
- Who Is the Ultimate Men’s Health Guy?
- Weight loss: What inspired a daughter to participate for triathlon?
- Who Should Or Will Win The Most Oscars?
- 2018-19 NHL Awards nominees and predictions
The inspiring stories of the 33 nominees in our Who Cares Wins health awards have 294 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 6, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.