Police arrested a Texas man this week for attempting to rape, murder, and cannibalize the minor child. According to an affidavit filed in Shelby County, Texas and obtained by KTRE, police arrested Nathan Barter, 21, following an undercover investigation. Barter exchanged messages with a secret agent on the dark web. Through the exchanges, Barter crafted a plan to murder, rape, and then eat the girl following her death.
In the affidavit, police say that Barter authored a message on the dark web. Barter’s post said he wanted to commit necrophilia and cannibalism. He asked anyone interested in helping him commit the crime to contact him. The post included two encrypted emails where individuals could reach him.
A special agent from the Texas Department of Public Safety saw the post and responded to Barter. The agent was working undercover at the time. In the message to Barter, the agent offered him his young daughter for the crime.
Barter replied to the agent, “Nice! I’m in East Texas. How old is your daughter? Can we kill her?” He then went on to describe what he wanted to do to the child.
Over a few days, the agent and Barter exchanged several emails arranging the crime. The two agreed to meet for a “hiking trip.” Instead of hiking, Barter planned to take the girl to a nearby motel to murder, rape, and cannibalize the child.
As if the crime wasn’t disturbing enough, Barter took great lengths to execute the crime. He told the agent to buy a burner phone and new clothes to wear after the murder. Following the killing, he instructed the agent to return home to Florida and report his daughter as a runaway.
Police issued a subpoena for the IP address of Barter’s username to determine his identity. Once the police had the IP address, they contacted the service provider. Through the investigation, they linked the IP address to Barter.
Barter and the agent planned to meet for the crime on October 19th. On the 19th, police arrested Barter while he was on his way to meet the agent. Barter had a knife and plastic trash bag with him. In previous emails with the agent, he told him he would bring these items.
When officers arrested Barter, Barter admitted to the being the person in the email communications. Authorities charged Barter with criminal solicitation, criminal attempt: capital murder, conspiracy to commit capital murder, and criminal attempt: sexual performance of a child. All four of the charges are felonies.
20 years in federal prison.
If you enjoy my articles, please consider a one time gift via my Buy Me a Coffee Account. I work hard to provide insightful content every day for you to enjoy.
Subscribe and commit to a small monthly donation to support my writing. Funding provided by donations allow me to pay for images, pay contributors, and raise funding for grants for families of children with disabilities.
- Policeman arrested for rape, murder of minor in IoK
- Suspect arrested in assault, murder of minor
- Autopsy report confirms rape, murder of minor in Mardan
- Autopsy report in Mardan incident confirms rape, murder of minor
- Man accused of raping, murdering six-year-old cousin in Lodhran
- Six more suspects held in Mardan rape, murder case
- Man accused of raping differently-abled girl gets bail
- Gruesome act: Minor girl raped, murdered in capital’s slum
- CJP takes notice of four-year-old's rape, murder in Mardan
- 13-year-old rape, murder victim killed by brother in Quetta
- Protests erupt as eight-year-old Kashmiri girl found raped, murdered in IoK
- Accused in Asma rape, murder case confesses crime before the court
- Northern Ireland man in dock over murder of mum left to die in burning car
- Cattlemarket sex attack: Worcester man admits sexual assault but denies attempted rape
- Detectives release efit of man wanted in connection with attempted rape
- Man arrested after bomb found at PSNI officer's house in Derry
- Man arrested after bomb found at PSNI officer's house in Derry released
- Man arrested following Armagh shooting incident
- Punjab government, police did not take Zainab's rape, murder case seriously: LHC chief justice
- Man resembling suspect in Zainab rape, murder case arrested
Texas Man Arrested for Attempted Rape, Murder and Cannibalism of Minor have 700 words, post on www.patheos.com at October 26, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.