Celebrity cook Delia Smith, musician Bob Geldof and comedian Eddie Izzard were among the famous faces calling for a fresh referendum at an anti-Brexit protest. Lord of the Rings actor Andy Serkis, Crazy Rich Asians actress Gemma Chan and Veep creator Armando Iannucci also joined the People’s Vote march through central London. Smith was dressed in a hoodie reading “Let’s be havin’ EU”, while Izzard wore a navy suit and waved Union Jack and EU flags. Other pro-EU celebs in the estimated crowd of 600,000 were former Blue Peter presenter Richard Bacon, Dragons’ Den businesswoman Deborah Meaden, The Thick of It actor Chris Addison, actress Natascha McElhone and actor David Schneider. Organisers claim more than half a million people marched from Park Lane to a rally in Parliament Square on Saturday afternoon. Smith and Meaden were among the speakers at the event, along with London Mayor Sadiq Khan as dozens of famous faces threw their weight behind the bid for a second Brexit referendum. Serkis, who played the computer-generated character Gollum in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films, had described the protest as “One of the most, if not THE most important marches of our generation” in… Read full this story
- A Conservative-Referendum Party: the vindication of Sir James Goldsmith
- May’s govt faces no-confidence vote after huge Brexit defeat
- UK's Theresa May: Parliament Support Too Low for 3rd Brexit Vote
- Erdogan Seeks to Cement Power in Turkey's High-Stakes Votes
- Celtics Legend Bob Cousy Emotional, Guilty Over Relationship With Bill Russell
- Sportswriting’s Velvet Revolutionary, Claire Smith
- A Guide to the 15 Powerful People Charged With Poisoning Flint
- Ferguson Is Having an Election, but Will Ferguson Vote?
- Debate begins on historic Brexit vote in UK Parliament
- In preliminary vote, Manitou Springs council unanimously approves deal to rebuild Cog Railway
People's Vote march: Delia Smith, Bob Geldof and Eddie Izzard among celebs leading calls for new referendum have 294 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at October 20, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.