The six-storey high Premier Inn is taking shape in Market Street, Douglas.
And with work on the site clearly progressing, Premier Inn’s owner Whitbread is currently recruiting an experienced manager to run the hotel.
Dandara Commercial Limited was granted approval in September last year (17/00823/B) for an 85-bedroom hotel, complete with ground floor restaurant and bar.
The site is the former Bridson and Horrox print works at the back of Marks and Spencer, which was later used as a temporary private car park.
It appears that guests staying in the top floors of the budget chain hotel will have a bird’s eye view of the multi-storey car park above the store.
Premier Inn has more than 750 hotels around the UK.
- The best stag and hen do package breaks you can book right now
- The musician who sent 100 emails a day to record companies and the actor with 'the body of a farmer': Five Irish big hitters abroad
- 'I've loved my life
- Fans might never forgive Owen
- Interview: Jock McStay still feeling impact of Duncan Ferguson headbutt
- Interview: Jock McStay on Duncan Ferguson’s headbutt, mental health and the future
- 50 pubs we've loved and lost in Coventry