On Saturday, US President Donald Trump announced the country’s withdrawal from the INF treaty over the alleged Russian violations of the agreement. The lawmaker pointed out that Trump’s decision to leave the INF Treaty was not in line with the interests of its European allies. © REUTERS/ JONATHAN ERNSTTrump Vows to Quit Nuclear Arms Treaty With RussiaRussian member of the parliament’s upper house Alexey Pushkov also called on Sunday the US decision to withdraw from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF) the second major blow to the global stability system along with the 2002 US exit from the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty (ABM Treaty). READ MORE: Washington Seeks ‘Pretext’ to Abandon INF Treaty — Russian Envoy to US The lawmaker pointed out that the recent statement of Russian President Vladimir Putin that Moscow would resort to nuclear weapons only in case of a foreign nuclear aggression meant that Russia would not allow the US nuclear superiority. The 1987 INF Treaty prohibits the development, deployment and testing of ground-launched ballistic or cruise missiles with ranges between 300 and 3,400 miles.
- Tyrone dealt major blow with Lee Brennan set to miss All-Ireland qualifiers
- 2 Norwegian lawmakers nominate Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- Stormy Daniels’ lawyer says Russian billionaire paid Trump’s personal attorney
- Comrade Haley: Journalist Finds New "Russian Agent" in Trump Administration
- US lawmakers blast Trump over Putin summit
- U.K Brexit Ministers Davis and Baker Quit in Major Blow to May
- While Trump Wants Pullout From Syria, Officials Reportedly Advise the Opposite
- James Penn's Business View: Dutch move could be major blow
- Is US national security going rogue? Moscow fumes after FBI detains Russian lawmaker at New York airport
- Russian lawmakers submit bill to freeze cooperation with US
'Major Blow' to Global Stability: Russian Lawmakers React to Trump's INF Pullout have 283 words, post on sputniknews.com at October 21, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.