On Saturday, US President Donald Trump announced the country’s withdrawal from the INF treaty over the alleged Russian violations of the agreement. The lawmaker pointed out that Trump’s decision to leave the INF Treaty was not in line with the interests of its European allies. © REUTERS/ JONATHAN ERNSTTrump Vows to Quit Nuclear Arms Treaty With RussiaRussian member of the parliament’s upper house Alexey Pushkov also called on Sunday the US decision to withdraw from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF) the second major blow to the global stability system along with the 2002 US exit from the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty (ABM Treaty). READ MORE: Washington Seeks ‘Pretext’ to Abandon INF Treaty — Russian Envoy to US The lawmaker pointed out that the recent statement of Russian President Vladimir Putin that Moscow would resort to nuclear weapons only in case of a foreign nuclear aggression meant that Russia would not allow the US nuclear superiority. The 1987 INF Treaty prohibits the development, deployment and testing of ground-launched ballistic or cruise missiles with ranges between 300 and 3,400 miles.
- Russian lawmaker: Women should get time off from work during menstruation
- Zephyr Teachout's running mate claims de Blasio's endorsing Cuomo was major blow
- White House under siege over probe into Russian contacts with Trump campaign
- Arizona lawmakers react to Trump's speech on social media
- Brooklyn, Nyet! Brighton Beach's Russian community reacts to Mikhail Prokhorov’s plan to move Nets ownership to Russia
- Global markets in tailspin as Trump victory declared
- REACT: Trump Says He Doesn't Need Intel Briefings Every Day
- LOOK: Dem Lawmaker Trolls Trump With 'Trump-Putin 2016' T-Shirt
- WATCH: Protester Throws Russian Flags at Trump as He Walks Through Capitol
- Tennessee lawmakers react to shooting at congressional baseball team practice
'Major Blow' to Global Stability: Russian Lawmakers React to Trump's INF Pullout have 285 words, post on sputniknews.com at October 21, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.