FORTNITE is still among the most popular video games on the planet, but that might not save it from having to shut down at some point.
Is Fortnite Battle Royale shutting down?
Rumours of Fortnite shutting down were first pointed out by Twinfinite when a screengrab of an alleged tweet from Fortnite’s official account started circulating.
The post stated: “Due to the lawsuit against PubG on copyright infringement. We are sorry to inform you that Fortnite Battle Royale Will be coming to an end May 24, 2018.
“Save the world will still be in development and we will roll out ASAP. Thank you all for the support.”
Fans needn’t worry, however, as the tweet appears to be nothing more than a hoax.
In addition to the grammatical errors and formatting inconsistencies, the tweet is also nowhere to be found on the official Fortnite website, or on any other social media accounts.
While there was a copyright battle against the game, it now seems Fortnite is safe, for now. Bloomberg reports that PUBG Corp. sent “a letter of withdrawal” to Epic Games lawyers on Monday, and that the case is now closed.
A new rumour emerged in September that suggested the game would once again be shut down.
A now-deleted tweet from a fake Epic Games account said: “Fortnite will be shutting down on September 26th 2018.
“We just simply can’t keep up with the big demand. It was fun whilst it lasted! A big thank you from everyone at Epic Games!”
Recently, monied troublemaker Elon Musk suggested he might buy the game and shut it down to save kids from “eternal virginity” before getting into a Twitter spat with Epic Games and players of the game.
Why was Fortnite taken down and is it back?
The news about the game disappearing for good arose when fans were locked out of the game on Thursday, April 12, when the servers went down for emergency maintenance.
Maintenance began at 3.21am GMT and whilst downtime usually lasts around two hours, it wasn’t until 8.07pm UK time that Epic Games tweeted: “The Battle Bus once again operational!”
To apologise for the extended downtime, Epic Games announced Battle Royale players would receive free Back Bling for logging in over the weekend of April 13-15.
Save the World players were also rewarded and owners received a Troll Stash Llama.
NITEMARES AND WHACKS
What’s the latest on Fortnite’s 2018 Halloween event?
Fortnite down? Servers offline to prepare for Fortnitemares Halloween event
We reveal where to buy the cheapest Fortnite halloween costumes
‘ONLINE DOESN’T COUNT’
Elon Musk and Fortnite in hilarious ‘eternal virginity’ Twitter feud
STAY ON TARGET
Fortnite shooting gallery locations for the season six, week four challenge
When is Fortnite Season 6 released?
As of yet, Fortnite Season 6 has no official release date but Season 5 is slated to end on Tuesday 25 September.
Usually, the next season begins the following day however according to data miners, the new launch date has been pushed back until the following Tuesday, October 2.
The Battle Pass costs 950 V-Bucks once more, which equates to around £8 and is expected to continue the new structure that contains tasks for both Battle Pass holders and regular players.
- The battle royale games of 2020
- You Can Now Play Fortnite on iOS Without an Invite
- Kids Are Attending Rehab for Fortnite Addiction
- Global romance, fairytale wedding & Megxit: How Harry-Meghan's royal chapter came to an end
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are ‘having their cake and eating it’ by not letting go of royal privileges after exit
- Fortnite aimbots and cheaters suck, so here's how to deal with them
- British press calls for end to 'vile' online abuse against Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton
- Fortnite on Android: Hands On With the Samsung Galaxy S9+
- Harry and Meghan QUIT as senior royals and reveal they will live between UK and North America and 'work to become financially independent'
- 5 things to know for January 9: Iran, royals, Ukraine plane, impeachment, cancer
- Steely-eyed Queen is seen for first time since Prince Harry announced he and Meghan Markle will quit the Royal Family as crisis talks with Prince Charles and Prince William continue
- Downcast Queen arrives for church at Sandringham as Prince Charles makes a flying visit to Oman ahead of tomorrow's royal showdown over Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's decision to quit duties - after Wills revealed sadness at the 'broken bond'
- Royal welcome for Trump: Donald and Melania Trump meet the Queen and Kate Middleton as Buckingham Palace hosts spectacular reception for Nato summit
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ‘felt totally unwelcome’ in Royal family, ex-pals claim
- Pictures emerge of damage to US military base in Iraq as it's claimed Iran DELIBERATELY botched attack for fear of escalating conflict with Donald Trump
- Harry and Meghan's Royal romance: From a star-studded wedding and the birth of Archie to a 'rift' with Prince William and controversy over their bid to 'modernise' the monarchy
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s pal Tom Bradby claims Palace warned them they ‘weren’t part of slimmed down monarchy’
- The Crown bosses 'doubt' they will cover Meghan and Harry quitting as royals because the Netflix drama will END before it reaches present day
- Trump makes 90 false claims during final two weeks of 2019
- 'All this so Meghan can play herself in The Crown': Hilarious memes speculate the REAL reason for the royal retirement is actress Meghan's desire to star in the Netflix series
Is Fortnite being deleted? Rumours claims Battle Royale will end – what’s the truth? have 963 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 22, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.