Chicago residents are bracing themselves for an upcoming verdict in Jason Van Dyke‘s trial from a jury who will hear closing arguments on Thursday. They are anticipating an outcome that could bring justice for Laquan McDonald or acquit Van Dyke. RELATED: Jason Van Dyke Cries Fake Tears As His Testimony Contradicts LaQuan McDonald Video Evidence A failed prosecution of Van Dyke — the white cop charged in the October 2014 fatal shooting of 17-year-old McDonald — would likely be a disastrous blow for Black Chicagoans and people of color across the nation. Police brutality and shooting cases have long brought unrest and protest into communities of color — a fact that suggests the city could reach a fever pitch if Van Dyke walks free. “I feel Chicago is going to be in a lot of trouble if this man [Van Dyke] walks free,” Marcus Wallace, 35, a gas station security guard, told NBC News before referring to the dash cam video that Van Dyke’s testimony had contradicted during the trial. “That video is indisputable, and if a jury doesn’t see that…Lord help us.” Authorities charged Van Dyke with first-degree murder, aggravated battery and official misconduct after the police video appeared to show that he fired… Read full this story
- What Can A Person Do About Being Black?
- Diecast Helicopter Model - Black Shark Ka-50 Combat Helicopter
- Bob Ross Oil Painting Technique - Frequently Asked Questions
- Vandwelling - What? Why? How? & Should I Consider It?
- Bomb Found on Supermarket Shelf by Security Guard
- All the New and Returning Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Superhero, and Otherwise Geeky TV Shows Coming This Fall
- Satellite Radio is a New Celebrity Hangout
- Doing Theology in Today's Africa - Issues and Trends in Nigeria
- Zack Snyder’s
- Increasing Local Government Revenue Through Institutional and Structural Reforms
How Black Chicagoans Are Preparing For Possibly Explosive Jason Van Dyke Verdict have 291 words, post on michronicleonline.com at October 4, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.