CORONATION Street reigned supreme the Inside Soap Awards and bagged eight gongs on the night.
The star-studded evening saw some of our favourite TV stars dressing up to the nines for the ceremony at 100 Wardour Street in London.
Corrie’s big win meant they knocked Emmerdale off the top spot, ending their consecutive three year run of success.
The stars of the soap were out in force to collect their gongs, with Jack P.Shepherd being named Best Actor after his harrowing rape storyline.
Shayne Ward, who played Aidan Connor, was handed the Best Exit gong and Connor McIntyre was given huge praise for his role as evil Pat Phelan.
He landed two awards on the night, after being named Best Bad Boy and winning Best Shock Twist for Phelan’s exit from the soap.
His storyline and the moment Anna Windass returned to Weatherfield to kill him also won praise, with the pair landing the gong for Best Shock Twist.
Simon Gregson picked up the Funniest Male award for his role as hapless Lothario Steve McDonald.
While Dolly-Rose Campbell won the Funniest Female for her part as kebab shop worker Gemma Winter.
Newcomer Mollie Winnard, who played evil Kayla Westbrook, also won praise for her short-lived stint on the cobbles.
She was handed the Best Bad Girl gong, with fans no doubt hoping that the award will secure her return to the soap.
EastEnders actress Tilly Keeper led the glamorous arrivals in the red carpet at the bash.
She looked sensational in a pretty blue dress and stole the show as she posed for snaps.
Out of the other soaps, Jen Metcalfe was the only winner for Hollyoaks and picked up the Soap Superstar award.
It comes just months after she returned from maternity leave and was the silver lining on a very exciting year for the new mum.
She told The Sun Online: “I just think it’s great I’ve won Sexiest Female at the Inside Soap Awards in the past, but being named a Soap Superstar is really cool!
“I think everybody working on a soap is a superstar – they’re so hard-working, and it takes a different level of energy to do it. But for people to choose me, I’m really happy.”
X Factor fan fury as they spot Armstrong wearing ear-piece before sing off
SANDRA’S OAP PAD
Homeless ex-Gogglebox star Sandra Martin to move into old folks home
Vick Hope says Seann Walsh was saved after bosses paused Strictly & spoke to judges
Fans’ fury as Simon Mayo quits Radio 2 after he was ‘forced’ to work with Jo Whiley
Katie Price fears pals are ‘out to get her’ and ‘doesn’t know who to trust’
cream of the cops
Cheryl gets police escort out of bash after wowing in plunging dress
Emmerdale’s Danny Miller was also honoured as a Soap Superstar for his role in the ITV drama.
His on-screen younger sister, played by Isobel Steele, won Best Young Actor for her role as Liv Flaherty in the dales.
EastEnders’ Danny Dyer and Kellie Bright were honoured for their amazing on screen chemistry and picked up the Best Partnership Award.
The BBC One soap also won praise for the shocking knife crime storyline involving Shakil and Keegan.
Inside Soap Awards Full Winners List
- Best Soap Coronation Street
- Best Actress Emma Atkins
- Best Actor Jack P Shepherd
- Best Soap Partnership EastEnders’ Danny Dyer and Kellie Bright
- Soap Superstar Jen Metcalfe
- Soap Superstar Danny Miller
- Best Actress Emma Atkins
- Best Actor Jack P. Shepherd
- Best Young Actor Isobel Steele
- Best Newcomer Ash Palmisciano
- Best Bad Boy Conor McIntyre
- Best Bad Girl Mollie Winnard
- Funniest Male Simon Gregson
- Funniest Female Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Best Drama Star Chelsea Halfpenny
- Best Drama Storyline The Hospital Shooting – Holby City
- Bets Daytime Star Roy Meagher
- Best Daytime Soap Doctors
- Bets Shock Twist Anna returns and kills Phelan – Coronation Street
- Best Exit Shayne Ward
- Best Showstopper Shakil and Keegan attack
Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- Jacqueline Jossa and Helen Flanagan to fight for the Sexiest Female title at Inside Soap Awards
- Emmerdale and Coronation Street stars 'fear they will be axed from soaps amid the COVID-19 crisis'... as 'phased return' to filming begins in the Dales
- Coronation Street’s Lucy Fallon posts picture of herself crying as she shares her ‘week in emotions’
- Coronation Street’s Lucy Fallon reveals she’s on a ‘post-Corrie detox’ after long hours ‘left her feeling unhealthy’
- Lucy Fallon sells her clothes online after admitting she has no work after quitting Coronation Street
- Nominations announced for the 2013 BAFTA TV Awards
- Emmerdale becomes the first British soap to resume filming with a 'phased return' starting with six new episodes featuring characters in lockdown
- Amber Heard and Chrissy Teigen are visions in white as they lead the red carpet at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards with Claire Danes
- 'There's no one like her': Emmerdale's Claire King says Kim Tate wasn't inspired by 'classic soap b***h' Joan Collins as she discusses her character's evolution
- Bring-your-own cutlery, no extras on set, film outside if you can and less 'star treatment': How broadcasters are planning to get cameras rolling on the UK's TV industry post-lockdown
- Big Brother stars Michelle Bass and Makosi Musambasi 'fear for their jobs as TV bosses decide whether to re-air show's raunchiest moments in anniversary special'
- Daytime Emmy Nominations: ‘General Hospital’, ‘Sesame Street’, ‘The View’ Top List; CBS, Amazon Prime Lead Networks
- Caroline Flack killed herself when friend staying with her 'popped to the shops': Ex-Love Island star, 40, was found in London flat hours after she was told court case for 'assaulting boyfriend' would go ahead - as her team slam CPS
- The Story of How Taylor Swift's Squad-Studded "Bad Blood" Video Came Together
- Here are all the winners of the 2020 Webby Awards
- 13 cocktail bars in London you need to visit
- Emmerdale's Fiona Wade admits: 'I've been cheated on before - I'd never do that to anyone in real life'
- Michelle Keegan and Mark Wright look loved up at launch
- Ricky Gervais works up a sweat as he heads out for a jog amid coronavirus lockdown
- Eddie Sutton, legendary college basketball coach, dies at 84
Coronation Street wins big at Inside Soap Awards as female stars ramp up the glamour for star-studded ceremony in London have 1092 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 22, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.