An East Otago family is grieving and a community is in shock after a “tragic” farming accident claimed the lives of a mother and her 3-year-old son. Angus and Nadine (33) Tomlinson died about 5pm on Sunday after Mrs Tomlinson was believed to have lost control of a tractor and trailer unit, which then slipped into a reservoir on the property near State Highway 85, inland from Palmerston. Stuff reported Scott Tomlinson and their 18-month-old son Sam went looking for Nadine and Angus when they failed to come back from doing some jobs on the tractor, before he noticed skid marks running into an irrigation dam. “I couldn’t see the tractor, I could just see skid marks going into the dam and I knew where she was,” he said. Mr Tomlinson paid tribute to his wife, whom he worked with on their 400-hectare farm. “We were working hard to create the life we both wanted,” Mr Tomlinson said. “She was a very passionate farmer, she loved her farming; she went doing something she loved.” His son was “full of life”. “He was a typical 3-year-old boy, just enjoyed time with mum and loved being on the tractor.” Constable Nathan Bobbette,… Read full this story
- What We Know About the Oregon Community-College Shooting
- The Tsarnaev Brothers: The Road to a Modern Tragedy by Masha Gessen – extract
- Film Review: 'Incitement' Makes A Gripping Thriller Out Of Historical Drama
- Coronavirus lockdown tragedy as boy, 3, chokes to death after getting tangled in curtain rope as he ran around his house
- Remembering the Oklahoma City Bombing 25 Years Later: 'We Showed the Strength of Humanity'
- British Government accused of allowing coronavirus to get out of control
- Canada shooting: Death toll in Nova Scotia rises to 23
- Canada shooting: Death toll in Nova Scotia rises to 22
- Porsche driver is charged and could face 10 years in jail 'for taking photos showing cops' bodies strewn among truck crash wreckage before fleeing the scene' - as the twist of fate that saw him survive is revealed
- A married mother, a dad-of-three and a rookie officer: The faces and stories behind hero cops killed in truck smash - as Porsche driver Richard Pusey turns himself in after 'posting pictures of wreckage and fleeing the scene'
Community mourns after family tragedy have 365 words, post on www.odt.co.nz at October 2, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.