SINGAPORE: Two people, including a 10-year-old boy, were injured after an SBS Transit bus crashed into a school bus in Bedok on Tuesday (Oct 2) morning.
The police said they were alerted at about 6am to an accident involving two buses at the junction of Bedok Road and Bedok Place.
The school bus was stationary when the SBS Transit bus crashed into it.
Four children – including the 10-year-old boy who was injured – were in the school bus at the time of the collision.
The 36-year-old driver of the school bus was also injured.
The school bus driver and the boy were conscious when taken to Changi General Hospital (CGH) and KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital (KKH), respectively.
In a statement on Tuesday afternoon, SBS Transit’s senior vice-president for corporate communications Tammy Tan said: “Our priority is the well-being of the two people who were hurt and conveyed to the hospital.”
The boy had already received outpatient treatment, she said, adding that SBS Transit was in touch with his parents to render assistance. It was, however, still trying to contact the school bus driver.
The transport operator added that it was assisting the police with their investigations.
- Teenage Idiots Used To Drive My School Bus As A Kid
- The Ten Worst Public Transit Experiences You'll Ever Hear
- In the wake of the Delhi bus rape, what is the future for India?
- How to Stop Spanking Your Child
- Insane Wreck Involves Stolen Taco Truck, Full School Bus, Propane And Cop Gunfire
- Students use 'Bus tracker' technology to stay safe
- Woman Jumps Out of Moving Car After Seeing Spider, Causes Crash
- Multiple Injuries Reported After Buses Collide In New York City Tunnel
- The Rise of the Disaster Survivor Selfie
- Fuzzy logic won't do in tech
- The Story and Nightmare Emails Behind One Elite Silver Lake Preschool's Turmoil
- Meet the Superhumans: The gritty Channel 4 ad with the inspiring stories of pain and perseverance behind our Paralympians
- I Have Potentially Disturbing Questions About The New Characters In Cars 3
- The Practical Life Skills Kids Should Learn at Every Age
- Checking in With Judge Kara Brown, Writer on
- 11 More Scary Stories to Make You Wet Your Pants
- Nicki Minaj: 'Men Are Like Children' and Other Gems From New Interview
- Multiple People Dead After Driver Hits Pedestrians in New York City, Reports of Shots Fired [Updating]
- How To Drive In Detroit Without Being A Jackass (And The Time I Almost Killed Dodge)
- Is Definitely A Horror Game
Child among injured after SBS Transit bus crashes into school bus in Bedok have 397 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at October 2, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.