0 Post a comment Wednesday, 26 September 2018 – Education The Manx Government spends more per school pupil than England. Education Minister Graham Cregeen confirmed that the average spend per pupil in the island’s primary schools is £4,800, while the figure for secondary school pupils is £6,800.That compares with figures in the Institute of Fiscal Studies report for English schools, that shows the average comparative spend was £4,800 for primary schools and £6,300 for secondary schools.Mr Cregeen added: ’The budget for pupils for the present academic year is set at £4,800 per primary school pupil and £7,200 per secondary school pupil.’Comparative spend for this academic year in England is reported to be £4,600 and £6,000 respectively.’He warned: ’It should be noted that the figures reported for England give no specific details of the breakdown in costs, hence they may provide an indication of comparative spending but not a like for like comparison.’The minister was responding to a written Tynwald question from Daphne Caine (Garff).She also wanted to know what ’social factors’ were considered when allocating a school budget and how they were calculated on a ’pupil-by-pupil basis’.Mr Cregeen said: ’The department applies the number of pupils receiving free school meals… Read full this story
- Special needs cash shortfall 'leaves thousands of pupils unplaced'
- Top teachers needed to help poor white pupils, say MPs
- Schools in England 'to see first real-terms funding cuts in 20 years'
- Ballot briefing: How Labour plans would affect Scotland
- Boris Johnson's blueprint for post-Brexit Britain: Tory manifesto promises a million more homes, 50,000 new nurses, Australian-style immigration system, and 20,000 extra police officers
- Conservative party manifesto: what it says and what it means
- Lord Janner and the paedophile ring at his son's elite school: Labour peer's link to institution where teachers abused boys
- At last! Police raid Extinction Rebellion activists as they batter down the door of group's London warehouse ahead of fresh protests next week
- Let's give Britain a spring clean! Today, the Mail urges YOU to help make our country beautiful by joining our inspirational litter clear-up across the nation
- Michael Gove's statement on OECD's global educational league tables: Politics live blog
We spend more per pupil than England does have 350 words, post on www.iomtoday.co.im at September 25, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.