President Trump and Democratic state Sen. Kevin de León agree on one thing: They’re both convinced California Sen. Dianne Feinstein made a mistake when she delayed for weeks the release of a letter accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of attempted rape. Trump joined a chorus of Republicans on Tuesday in criticizing Feinstein for the timing of the release of a letter from Christine Blasey Ford, a Palo Alto University psychology professor who said she was assaulted by a “stumbling drunk” Kavanaugh during a party when they were in high school during the early 1980s. It’s a charge the federal appeals court judge has vehemently denied. “It is frankly a terrible thing that this information wasn’t given to us a long time ago, months ago when (Feinstein) got it,” Trump said at the White House. Democrats “could’ve done that instead of waiting until everything was finished and then all of a sudden spring it.” Although his reasoning was very different, de León’s complaint was much the same. “What we have here is a failure of leadership,” said de León, who is challenging Feinstein in the November election. People need to know Feinstein, the ranking Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, waited… Read full this story
- Retired diplomat who testified in Trump impeachment says it is the 'American way to speak up about wrongdoing'
- For Trump, Loyalty Is Everything — and a One-Way Street
- Chargers agree to mutually part ways with Philip Rivers ahead of 2020 free agency
- Report: Red Sox, Dodgers, Twins agree to blockbuster three-way trade involving Mookie Betts
- Trump Fed nominee stirs controversy ahead of hearing
- The penalty Donald Trump should get for Ukraine scandal if the Senate acquits
- McCarthy to submit copy of Trump's SOTU address to House Clerk for archives
- Timeline: Trump and Romney's rocky relationship
- Amy Kremer: Trump Voter Engagement in House Races Most Important Part of 2020 Elections
- Report: Raptors fined $25,000 for Drake’s comments recruiting Kevin Durant
Trump and Kevin de León agree Feinstein blew it. Did she have another way? have 327 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at September 19, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.