What’s the story?
Formula One cars may look highly sophisticated already here in 2018, but the future of racing could look a lot more stunning in the next three years if concepts of the upcoming cars are anything to go by.
F1 released three separate car concepts for 2021 on their official website, and it’s fair to say that they look pretty spectacular. Take a look.
In case you didn’t know…
F1 mandated the use of the ‘halo’ recently for the protection of drivers and the same has worked wonders in recent races despite coming under scrutiny in the past. The halo has been successfully accommodated in these concept designs as well and look a lot better while also fulfilling its safety objective.
The heart of the matter
The cars have been designed keeping in mind style and substance while also encouraging the younger generation to get into the sport owing to the sheer looks of the car. The objective of having easier overtaking has also been considered while ensuring safety is not compromised at all costs.
“When we started looking at the 2021 car, the primary objective was to enable the cars to race well together,” Formula One motorsport boss Ross Brawn told F1’s official website.
“What we established early on in our research is the cars we have now are very bad in following each other. We want a car that is inspiring. F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport and the car should look sensational,” Brawn added.
The designs are very much in its initial stages as of now, but this will certainly be a monumental shift from the traditional design of a F1 car and will be a very welcome change in the sport.
What do you think of the concept designs? Let us know in the comments.
Just a regular guy with a serious passion for sports.
Fetching more content…
Fetching more content…
- Brexit uncertainty blamed as UK car sales fall for fourth month
- Elon Musk says SpaceX will build 100 Starships per year to put ONE MILLION humans on Mars by 2050 as he aims to make humans a 'multi-planetary species'
- "Sure He Will Be Retained, No CSK Without MS Dhoni," Says N Srinivasan
- Coalition attacks on Labor's electric cars goal hide a bipartisan commitment to boost sales
- A Montana teen disappeared on New Year's Day. Her body was discovered less than a mile from where she was last seen
- ‘We finally put a name and a face to this monster': DNA evidence from exhumed body of suspected serial killer who died 39 years ago shows he was responsible for 1976 rape and murder of 16-year-old girl
- Sir Keir Starmer refuses to say if he is politically closer to Tony Blair or Jeremy Corbyn as he vows to rid Labour of its warring factions if he wins the party's leadership contest
- McLaren looks to Asia and hybrid cars to stay on track
- Kerry Katona calls Charlotte Crosby a ‘cross-eyed fish’ saying her face looks like it’s ‘stuck between two lift doors’
- Strange objects that look like gas and behave like stars have been spotted near the enormous black hole at the centre of the Milky Way