Ian King, business presenterRead the latest speeches from the likes of the Archbishop of Canterbury and John McDonnell and one could be forgiven for assuming most business leaders are rapacious, callous souls with no thoughts other than to enrich themselves and – possibly – their shareholders.There probably are some business folk out there like that, but they are decidedly in the minority. Most are just as thoughtful, caring and considerate as every other human being.And, every so often, there comes along an exceptional business person who does fantastic things for wider society without making a big song and dance about it. Tragically, we have just lost one such individual. Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player Archbishop on tech tax and religious ‘anxiety’ Eddie Davies, who died last week aged 72, is perhaps best known for his bankrolling of Bolton Wanderers. Advertisement During that time, the club enjoyed more than a decade in the Premier League, four successive top-eight finishes and its first campaigns in Europe.It was the millions he invested that bankrolled Sam Allardyce’s successful management of the Trotters and enabled the signing of globally-recognised stars such as Jay Jay Okocha, Nicolas Anelka, Youri Djorkaeff, Bruno… Read full this story
- Who are the British business leaders still backing Brexit?
- The Outer Worlds Looks A Lot Like Fallout, But That's Only Half The Story
- The Outer Worlds Devs Detail VATS-Like Combat System
- The Outer Worlds’ release date looks like it accidentally leaked on Steam
- Survival platformer Rain World is coming out like umbrellas in a downpour on March 28
- Sea of Thieves-in-the-sky game Worlds Adrift launching in Early Access soon
- Pokemon Let’s Go Trailer Reveals World Map, Gym Leaders and More
- Hi Sky! First World Of Warplanes Video
- The Outer Worlds will feature VATS-like slo-mo combat and unique companions
- Serious Video Game Business Looks Like This
Sky Views: World worse off without business leaders like Eddie Davies have 311 words, post on news.sky.com at September 21, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.