Olivia Newton-John has confirmed she’s facing her third battle with cancer.
In a new interview with Australia’s Sunday Night programme, Newton-John revealed doctors discovered a tumour at the base of her spine last year.
The Grease star, 69, said she’s received radiation therapy and is also pursuing natural remedies, reports Billboard .
Newton-John was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1992. In 2013, a minor car accident led to the discovery of a lump in her right shoulder.
READ MORE: Olivia Newton-John champions use of medicinal cannabis Olivia Newton-John postpones tour after breast cancer diagnosis Olivia Newton-John hints at reprising role for Grease’s 40th anniversary
That time, the actress chose not to tell the public.
“I thought, ‘it’s my life’, and I just decided to keep it to myself,” she explained in the interview.
In a few weeks Olivia Newton-John ( @OliviaNJ ) turns 70. Join @SundayNightOn7 for a very special event – a look back at her extraordinary career with the help of her dearest friends. Olivia sits down with @AlexTCullen for this very candid interview – tonight from 8pm on @Channel7 . pic.twitter.com/laalsuAHnB
— Sunday Night (@SundayNightOn7) September 9, 2018
When asked if she was worried about the latest cancer diagnosis, Newton-John said she remains optimistic and is determined to win the battle once again.
“I believe I will win over it,” she said.
- Olivia Newton-John reveals the VERY expensive gift she received from a wealthy fan while raising money for her breast cancer centre
- Michael Bublé’s sister shares message as son battles cancer
- Boy, 4, battling cancer nets message from hero Harry Kane after beating coronavirus
- Kathy Bates on Battling Cancer Twice and Surviving Lymphedema: 'I Felt That Life Was Over'
- Doylestown House Cleaning Service, Harmony Clean, Inc., provides free cleaning to local women battling cancer.
- 'When you're battling cancer when do you decide enough surgery is enough'
- Governor versus John White? Another legal battle -- this time involving John Bel Edwards -- is brewing
- Vernon Brewer: Coronavirus isolation – I was quarantined while battling cancer and learned 4 important lessons
- 'It was like a bomb had gone off': Delta Goodrem tells WHO Magazine's Most Beautiful People issue how her cancer diagnosis at 18 shattered her world
- John Travolta Channels His
- Cindy McCain Reflects on Last Moments with John: 'Living Without Him Is Not an Easy Adjustment'
- Mother who battled both cancer and coronavirus while seven months pregnant says she was inspired by the strength of her toddler son with Down's syndrome who's an 'incredible fighter'
- 'He is a lovely guy!' David Beckham leaves cancer sufferer, 70, speechless by paying a surprise visit to his Oxfordshire home for Age UK
- Drake, The Weeknd and J. Cole had emotional FaceTime chats with 11-year-old fan Elijah prior to his tragic death from cancer
- Michael Buble's son Noah is 'doing very well' following liver cancer treatment
- Cancer patient, 52, dies of coronavirus after helping elderly woman on same ward
- Manisha Koirala says the lockdown reminds her of her cancer treatment days when she was locked up in her apartment for six months
- New push to oust Education Superintendent John White fails in court
- Boy, six, nicknamed Ozzy Bear who has won the nation's heart as he battled leukaemia for two years gives the thumbs up as he is finally discharged from hospital
- John Tesh says he’s hosting a Facebook fundraiser for nation’s health care heroes: ‘There are ways we can help’
Olivia Newton-John battling cancer for the third time have 546 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at September 9, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.