Nemanja Matic’s FIFA 19 rating has been confirmed.
The Manchester United midfielder has been handed a hefty upgrade on the rating he began FIFA 18 with (83) and will begin the new game with a base card of 86.
EA’s description of Matic is as follows: “Generally deployed solely as a defensive midfielder, Serbian international Matić treats his role like a highly-specialized craftsman would. With 83 Defending and Physical ratings, Matić can do nearly anything needed in a defensive capacity – which he is often tasked with doing.”
Matic’s rating was leaked along with 14 other United players last month but the former Chelsea man is the only player to have his stats officially confirmed by EA.
If all of the other leaked ratings from last month are to be believed, David de Gea will be the best United player on the game with an overall rating of 91, while Paul Pogba will be United’s best outfield player with a rating of 88.
United fans rejoiced earlier this week when it was announced that the late George Best would be returning to the game.
Best previously appeared on FIFAs 16 and 17 but was removed for FIFA 18.
His return to the game was confirmed by EA Sports on Wednesday, with three of the late Northern Irishman’s cards being released to reflect his level at different stages of his career.
Roy Keane, Paul Scholes, Juan Sebastian Veron, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Ryan Giggs have also been confirmed as new icons.
Get all the latest Manchester United news first with our new app. Download it here now.
- Paul Pogba: Manchester United confirm record £93.2m signing on five-year deal
- José Mourinho unveiled as Manchester United manager: ‘I want everything’
- Manchester United sign Fred while Emre Can completes Juventus move
- José Mourinho targets Harry Maguire to improve Manchester United’s defence
- Romelu Lukaku completes £74m move to Inter from Manchester United
- Only José Mourinho Can Save Manchester United From Himself
- Sources: Manchester United eye Boubakary Soumare, Moussa Dembele
- Manchester United ‘disgusted’ with racial abuse of Paul Pogba
- Manchester United beat Milan in epic shootout after Alexis Sánchez shines
- Manchester United and Kick It Out to meet Twitter after racism incidents