THE mum of murdered schoolgirl Lucy McHugh blasted Facebook last night after the social network refused to let cops have access to the suspected killer’s account. Detectives investigating the 13-year-old’s death think they might find clues in the private messages of prime suspect Stephen Nicholson – but Facebook bosses would not reveal his password. Officers have been forced to apply to judges in the US for a court order demanding that the American firm hand over the information – a process that could delay their murder probe for months. Grieving Stacey White, 30, whose daughter was stabbed to death six weeks ago and her body dumped in woodland in Southampton, says the internet giant was denying her justice. And she said they’ve even turned her daughter’s private Facebook account into a public memorial page without permission. She told the Daily Mail last night: “In situations like this, Facebook really should just release the information that is needed and I think that is the opinion that everybody has. “They should give over the account details. Lucy needs justice. It’s so easy for them to do. “It would certainly give police an idea of what was being said between Lucy and Stephen…. Read full this story
- Man jailed for refusing to give Facebook password to police investigating Lucy McHugh murder
- Mum of girl, 13, stabbed to death says violent threats won’t bring her back
- Murder suspect of girl, 13, held in custody after ‘refusing to hand over Facebook password’
- Last CCTV of murdered schoolgirl to been screened to thousands at football match
- Mum 'murdered by husband' had 'struggled to conceive' and planned gender reveal
- Badly burnt mum's first beautiful tribute to 4 children killed in arson attack
- British man arrested for 'beating 18-month-old daughter to death' at a five star hotel in Kazakhstan is identified as he is detained for two months by investigators
- Badly burnt mum whose 4 kids died in arson attack won't be able to go to funeral
- Murder suspect 'made cut-throat gesture at his ex, 22, after seeing her with another man before stabbing her and her mother to death hours later' - as police announce £5,000 reward and tell him: 'We will find you'
- The FBI wants to build a data dragnet on Facebook
Lucy McHugh’s heartbroken mum begs Facebook to hand over password of suspect in her daughter’s murder investigation have 366 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 3, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.