This year, Christmas holiday feels will be brought to you by Emilia Clarke and Henry Golding.
Me Before You star Emilia is set to team up with the breakout star of this summer's smash hit Crazy Rich Asians for a holiday romance set in London that has all kinds of Love Actually, The Holiday and Bridget Jones vibes about it.
Universal Pictures' new rom-com Last Christmas will, you guessed it, be inspired by the festive song of the same name by George Michael, who collaborated on the movie concept shortly before his death in 2016.
The 1984 Wham! song is about unrequited love and rejection during the festive season and remains one of the most played Christmas songs of all time.
To add to the excitement, Love Actually's Emma Thompson is behind the screenplay and Bridesmaids' Paul Feig is set to direct the film.
And the new production has all the trappings of rom-com magic after the lead actors were announced by The Hollywood Reporter .
Game Of Thrones star Emilia broke away from Daenerys Targaryen to play small-town girl Lou Clarke who falls for a recently-paralyzed man in 2016's Me Before You.
While charming English actor Henry got his big break more recently as Singapore's most sought-after and wealthy bachelor Nick Young who falls for a college professor from New York.
Nevertheless, their roles have yet to be announced and there have already been hints that there could be an LGBTQ narrative.
Original screenplay writer Bryony Kimmings told Radio Times: '[When] I wrote my draft, I tried to slip in some trans people and make sure there was queer politics in there. I don't know how much of that remains!
'I doubt there'll be a trans lead but I hope that there's quite an element of queer in there, because you know it's the story – it's based on the song, Last Christmas.
'George was such a massive advocate for gay rights – and gay himself – so I hope there's a gay narrative in there.'
Got a showbiz story?
- David Beckham, Emilia Clarke, Stevie Nicks Meet and the Admiration is Mutual
- Emilia Clarke: ‘I didn’t want people to think of me as sick'
- Love, Christmas, and London reunite in the trailer for Paul Feig's
- New movies coming out in November 2019 - upcoming UK film releases
- Emila Clarke Did Lot of Drinking with Emma Thompson on Last Christmas Set
- Emila Clarke did a lot of drinking on 'Last Christmas' set
- Is Candace Cameron Bure Really the Christmas Queen? Breaking Down Hallmark's Roster of Leading Ladies
- 19 Christmas things to do in London: from Tiffany & Co's ice skating rink to Winter Wonderland & carol concerts
- How to watch the best films of all time: The movies that a top critic rates as the best in genre - and the streaming services where you can see them - UPDATED with the list from the final episode and downloads
- What’s on TV This Week: A Christmas movie with Lea Michele and more
- Theater in L.A. this week: ‘Frozen,’ ‘A Christmas Carol’ and more
- Sky Sports favourite Chris Kamara insists he’s not a novelty act as he launches music career and bid for Christmas No1
- Curtis Pritchard EXCLUSIVE: Love Islander insists he and Maura Higgins are 'super strong'... and reveals he has set his sights on HOLLYWOOD (with hopes of being a Marvel film star)
- Paul Feig, Universal Hatch New Monster Movie: ‘Dark Army’
- Frozen 2 Opens With Record-Setting $127 Million at the Box Officec
- Frozen 2 Set to Break Thanksgiving Weekend Box Office Record
- Definitely not
- Here are nine movies you can watch in theaters this Thanksgiving
- 'Empathy should have no limits': Emma Watson wins first 'gender free' Best Actor In a Movie category at MTV Movie & TV Awards
- The Best TV Shows of 2018 (So Far)
Emilia Clarke and Henry Golding to unite on festive film Last Christmas and it’s the stuff of rom-com dreams have 711 words, post on metro.co.uk at September 19, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.