Brave Candice Brown struggled to hold back the tears today as she revealed her body shaming ordeal.
The Bake Off winner received an ‘onslaught of abuse’ from online trolls after being snapped in a bikini enjoying her holiday in Las Vegas.
Candice told Lorraine Kelly she felt she had to ‘justify not being pregnant’ after vile bullies slammed her for drinking alcohol.
She confessed her body confidence had been knocked with just two-and-a-half weeks until she gets married.
The emotional baker spoke about the time that the disgusting messages, which came on all forms of social media, finally got to her.
The Great British Bake Off 2018
“That’s the only time,” said Candice as she started to well up. “I put my wedding dress on and I burst into tears because I was terrified I wasn’t going to fit into it.
“It’s fine, but also what precedent are we setting for young girls and young boys, and I get married in two and a half weeks, I’m fine the way I am.”
Candice sent a strong message to the bullies and trolls who left her in tears.
She said: “I didn’t ask for those pictures to be taken of me on holiday, neither did my girls, one of which has just had a baby.
“But the onslaught from that was just horrendous and as a teacher teaching secondary schools, I spent nearly ten years trying to teach students ‘you’re OK as you are. Everyone’s different, everyone’s a different shape, size, everything.’ And then to be having to justify myself.
“I’m having to justify myself not being pregnant. Because I didn’t breathe in? They don’t know what has happened in my private life, our private life, I don’t know when it ever became OK for someone or anybody to say publicly ‘are you pregnant, you should be ashamed of yourself, you’re drinking when you’re pregnant.’
“No, I’d just had a milkshake and quite a big burger.”
The Bake Off winner revealed that this was “some of the worst” abuse she had received since finding fame.
Candice said she has been criticised in the past for her face, teeth and pout – leading her to wear a brace for a while.
She added: “Real life is wobbly bits and stretch marks. I love cake, I love baking, it’s going to happen, I have an incredible fiancée, I have incredible friends and family, but I am also human.
“I’m annoyed at myself that it got to me. But it did. On the other side of that, I’m OK now. We need to be setting a better precedent for the younger generation.”
*Lorraine airs weekdays on ITV at 8.30am
- 'Breaking Bad's' Vince Gilligan Reveals Details of 'Saul' Spinoff and Terror Over What's Next
- 'Sex' is safe bet at boxoffice
- My Father Says He’s a ‘Targeted Individual.’ Maybe We All Are
- Discovery Touts 'Wallenda Live,' 'Klondike' Mini in 2013-14 Slate
- The Mary Sue Roundtable:
- The Mary Sue Presents: “Griefbunny”
- This is the GDPR-themed sci-fi short story you’ve been waiting for
- Dr. Elon & Mr. Musk: Life Inside Tesla's Production Hell
- One Couple’s Tireless Crusade to Stop a Genetic Killer
- : An Excerpt from Jeff Lipsky’s Memoir
- Eco-Sexuality, Mountaintop Removal and
- An early YA novel gets lost in the
- Inside Backpage.com’s Vicious Battle With the Feds
- The Mary Sue Presents: “Last Dance Over the Red, Red World”
- The Mary Sue Presents: “Ten Days Grace”
- He Cyberstalked Teen Girls for Years—Then They Fought Back
- Tribeca Film Festival Announces World Narrative and Doc Competitions, Viewpoints Lineups
- Remembering Robert Altman: 'The Best Part Was Seeing Bob in Action'
- Cannes 2015: Competition Blog
- These Are a Few of My Favorite Things: New York Film Festival I
Candice Brown holds back tears as she reveals wedding fears after body shaming have 627 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at September 5, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.