Finnish former F1 world champion Kimi Raikkonen. Photo: Andrej Isakovic/AFP. Finnish driver Kimi Raikkonen will move to the Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 team from 2019. Former world champion Kimi Raikkonen will leave Ferrari at the end of 2018, the Italian Formula 1 team announced on Tuesday September 11th. “Scuderia Ferrari announces that, at the end of the 2018 season, Kimi Raikkonen will step down from his current role,” the team said in a statement. “During these years, Kimi’s contribution to the team, both as a driver and on account of his human qualities, has been fundamental. He played a decisive role in the team’s growth and was, at the same time, always a great team player.” Raikkonen in his Ferrari in 2018. Photo: Miguel Medina/AFP. The 38-year-old Raikkonen has started 287 grands prix, winning 20 since his debut in 2001 with Sauber, the team he will race for again in 2019. “The Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team is delighted to announce that Kimi Räikkönen will join the team from 2019. The 2007 Formula One World Champion has signed for the next two seasons,” Sauber confirmed. Raikkonen left Formula One two years after winning the world title with Ferrari and spent two years competing in the World Rally Championship, before returning to… Read full this story
- World champion Chen, teen Kostornaia win French Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton: Five key races in F1 world champion's 2019 title success
- Niki Lauda, three-times Formula One world champion, dies aged 70
- Lewis Hamilton F1 2019 world champion: Nico Rosberg hails 'unbelievable' sixth title
- F1 Pitlane Tales: 'Mick Schumacher has earned Ferrari F1 test'
- Formula One: Lewis Hamilton crowned world champion in Austin
- Sports Direct mocked over 'half time, half price' promotion for England rugby world champions t-shirts
- British and Irish Lions tour 2021 - Who will Warren Gatland select to face world champions South Africa?
- Lithuanian couple named 'wife carrying' world champions for second time
- F1-teams vragen om onderzoek naar samenwerking Haas en Ferrari
Arrivederci Scuderia: Former world champion Raikkonen to leave Ferrari F1 team have 322 words, post on www.thelocal.it at September 11, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.