Back to English Comments Travel & Life – September 28, 2018 | 04:54 pm GMT+7 Ricardo Glencasa is different, and loves that in Vietnam, s/he is loved for being different.“Are you guys ready for the show?”The audience cheers yes as Ricardo Glencasa flounces into the room in a pink, flouncy dress. Every weekend, hundreds of people flock to a bar in District 1 in Saigon and enjoy performances by Drag Queens. When the applause fades in the glimmering light, Ricardo cannot hide the delight of an artist loved by his fans.In Vietnam since 2017, Ricardo works as an English teacher. He goes to class in formal vests and pants.But as the night falls, he dons gorgeous gowns, make-up and wigs to become a drag queen, theater slang for men dressed as women. Most drag queens are homosexual men, but many women and heterosexual people also use drag to unlease their creativity.”I was bullied by my friends during childhood, and as an adult, I was discriminated against by society for my difference. This is also what my family forbid me to do. But now on stage, I am loved for my own difference,” Ricardo told VnExpress.Got caught early He has not forgotten… Read full this story
- To explore Son Doong Cave on four days and three nights
- Sleepless in Saigon: storm Usagi keeps residents up all night
- One man's trash is truly another man's treasure
- Sentenced to death twice, man compensated after 46 years
- Singapore canes, jails man for robbing, raping Vietnamese woman
- Vietnamese man arrested for selling woman to China for $435
- Hanoi man faces charges for robbing three South Korean women
- American woman dies in northern Vietnam road accident
- Woman becomes cop to help Vietnamese community in South Korea
- Taiwanese man arrested for helping Vietnamese tourists 'disappear'
A dignified man during the day, flamboyant woman at night - VnExpress International have 287 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 28, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.