Rapper YG accused American Airlines of racism after he was kicked off his flight on Monday.
The rapper, whose real name is Keenon Daequan Ray Jackson, posted a video of himself leaving the plane on both his Twitter and Instagram with the caption, “F**k American Airlines.”
In the video, YG says he was removed from the plane because airline operators thought he was drunk. “I’m sober than a motherf**ker. Racist-a** mother**kers,” he said. “I’m suing. Run it up!”
The airline’s social media team reached out to the “Big Bank” rapper requesting for him to direct message them with more details on his encounter, to which YG replied, “Y’all pilot from that flight kicked me off, he was discriminating. I was sober bro, y’all need to talk to him and ask him why hdoesn’t’t like colored people?”
YG was booked for a first class flight from Los Angeles International Airport and headed to John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York. The rapper boarded the plane at 8:37 p.m. PT but was “asked to deplane due to being intoxicated a short time later,” a rep for American Airlines told Newsweek via email on Wednesday. “The video speaks for itself—he was removed due to being intoxicated Monday evening,” the spokesperson said.
The plane took off without YG at it’s scheduled departure of 9 p.m. PT.
Despite missing his initial flight, YG was able to book another flight through Delta. He shouted the airline out on his Twitter page, letting fans know that he made it to New York where he was scheduled to perform on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon . “Tonight! Thanks to @DELTA I was able to make it,” he wrote.
American Airlines isn’t the only airline that has been accused of racism. United Airlines faced a PR storm last year after it barred two teenage girls from flying because they were wearing leggings in March 2017, and then in April of the same year it made headlines after a security guard beat and dragged Dr. David Dao from his flight in Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport.
- American Airlines flight attendant says she was BANNED from wearing face shield due to carrier’s ‘image standards’
- American Airlines Passenger Finds Dead Rat in Suitcase, Health Inspector Warns of the Plague
- US airlines tell flight attendants NOT to force passengers to wear masks on flights despite outrage over packed planes
- Latin America's largest airline files for bankruptcy in the US: LATAM becomes latest victim of slump in air travel during coronavirus pandemic
- Latin America grabs world spotlight for airline bankruptcies
- EasyJet will resume domestic flights as well as routes to France and Spain from June 15 - with all passengers and crew told to wear face masks
- NYSE floor reopens, traders buy shares of Crocs, airlines
- British Airways passengers complain about packed flights in Europe and passengers without masks as more airlines restart flights after lockdown
- Coronavirus pandemic: What you need to know about how airline miles are changing
- Covid-19: Most viruses, other germs do not spread easily on flights, says report
- WHO to kick off international meet amid US-China tensions
- A white woman has apologized after calling police on a black man and saying 'there's an African American man threatening my life'
- Charlamagne tha God slams Joe Biden's record with African Americans after the Democrat's 'ain't black' gaffe and says his 1994 crime bill was a 'very intricate' part of 'systemic racism'
- Wanda Sykes drags Scott Baio after the Charles in Charge star calls her a 'hack liberal' for supporting Joe Biden: 'I hope you enjoy whatever it is that you do'
- The future of air travel: Planes will be diverted if passengers refuse to wear masks, people sitting at the back will be seated first, more layovers and no in-flight magazines
- Hundreds of thousands of lockdown weary Americans hit the beach to kick off Memorial Day weekend and mark the start of summer amid ongoing pandemic
- NBA Player Cleared in ‘Racist’ NYPD Arrest
- Donald Trump claims he 'felt bad' about racist 'send her back' chants at rally
- Coronavirus: What attacks on Asians reveal about American identity
- Coronavirus live updates: SFO to resume flights to Europe, Japan
YG calls American Airlines "racists" after he was kicked off his flight have 689 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 15, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.