Strictly Come Dancing is one of the BBC’s biggest shows so it’s not that surprising that winning it gets your a fair amount of cash.
But while the winner of the BBC’s primetime show earns a hefty fee, the same can’t be said for every contestant taking part.
How much are the Strictly Come Dancing contestants paid?
Each celebrity who signs up for the talent show is given a standard £25,000 amount. If they manage stay in until the end of October, they then receive an extra £15,000, taking their total to £40,000.
The stars who then manage to make it to the quarter finals get an extra £20,000 on top of that.
The Strictly Winner will receive a fee of £100,000.
Anyone who signs up to the live tour – which takes place in the Spring – can also be in for making some more cash on top of their show fee.
The Times revealed that the exact amount the star’s are paid was allowed to be kept secret after the new BBC Chairman Sir David Clementi backed keeping the “pay loophole”.
The BBC had to disclose the salaries of its highest earners earlier this year, but fewer stars will have their pay revealed as some shows are moving to BBC Studios, an independent production company – including Strictly – which means their pay can be kept secret.
How much do the professionals get paid?
According to reports, the professional dancers are paid roughly £30,000 per series, though some of the veteran performers, such as Anton Du Beke, are said to earn slightly more.
With the long hours they put in (they can work up to 14 hour days training the celebrities), some think they should be making more.
In 2012 the dancers weren’t happy when the received just £500 extra while the judges got a £20,000 raise.
“My money from Strictly just about pays the bills. I don’t have a car. I would like to get one, but until then I’m on the Tube.
“I don’t even own my house. I can’t afford it. I rent where I live,” Brendan Cole told Now magazine at the time.
But judge Bruno Tonioli fired back, saying: “Those are the terms of the negotiations. If you don’t like it, stop moaning and f**k off!”
How much do the judges get paid?
Judges Bruno, Darcy Bussell and Craig Revel Horwood are believed to earn around £110,000 for their Strictly spots. Shirley Ballas ‘ pay is unknown.
“Strictly Come Dancing is Saturday night fun. The pay’s not amazing,” Craig previously said of his earnings.
“The majority of the money comes from directing and royalties. Someone once did an expose of what the judges earned, and it was below the poverty line.”
When is Strictly Come Dancing 2018 back on BBC One?
Strictly Come Dancing is back with a red carpet event on Monday, August 27. The launch show will be filmed on Friday 31 August .
- Strictly Come Dancing’s new judge revealed as Oti Mabuse’s sister Motsi
- Who is AJ Pritchard? Strictly Come Dancing pro partnered with Saffron Barker
- Find out who Lee Ryan has already befriended on Strictly Come Dancing
- Why did Darcey Bussell quit Strictly Come Dancing and what is she up to now?
- Strictly Come Dancing's Giovanni Pernice pens heartfelt tribute to Faye Tozer after reaching the final
- Strictly Come Dancing judge Motsi Mabuse begs fans to forgive her for calling Blackpool the ‘ugliest’ town she had ever seen
- Who is Saffron Barker and who is she partnered with on Strictly Come Dancing 2019?
- Who is Alex Scott and who is she partnered with on Strictly Come Dancing 2019?
- Strictly Come Dancing confirms new head judge Shirley Ballas to replace Len Goodman
- Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special line-up 2018: Who are the couples?
- Strictly Come Dancing: Brendan Cole gives verdict on Seann and Katya, Joe Sugg and more
- Ola Jordan reveals HEARTBREAKING truth about being a Strictly Come Dancing pro dancer
- Strictly Come Dancing pros fear new judge Motsi Mabuse will favour sister Oti after shock appointment
- Strictly Come Dancing EXCLUSIVE: Sophie Habboo had NEVER heard of The Curse until recently... as MIC co-star boyfriend Jamie Laing gears up to take part in BBC dancing show
- Jay McGuinness knocked back WHISKY before final Strictly Come Dancing performance
- Strictly Come Dancing's Darcey Bussell reveals she misses former judge Len Goodman
- Who is Strictly Come Dancing star Saffron Barker and is she dating AJ PRitchard?
- Katie Piper revealed as first celebrity contestant in Strictly Come Dancing 2018
- What is Strictly Come Dancing star AJ Pritchard's net worth?
- Strictly Come Dancing 2014: The celebrity pairings revealed
What does the Strictly Come Dancing winner get? What the contestants, judges and dancers all get paid have 751 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at August 21, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.