Philadelphia Phillies slugger Carlos Santana made good on a promise to a leukemia patient made before Saturday’s game by hitting a home run during the eighth inning of Saturday’s 8-3 win over the Miami Marlins.
Santana met 13-year-old Anthony Garcia before Saturday’s win. Garcia, who was diagnosed five months ago, was a special guest of Phillies manager Gabe Kapler.
“I promise to get a home run for you today,” Santana told Garcia, a baseball player himself, during their pregame conversation, via Philly.com.
Santana weighed in on honoring his guarantee after Saturday’s win.
“I remembered, and I said, ‘Thank you, God,’ for letting me do that,” Santana said. “Everything I do, I do from my heart.”
Garcia, along with his family, not surprisingly were left awed by the remarkable moment.
“We got chills,” Yisel Ramos-Marucci, Garcia’s mother, said. “He almost cried. He had always dreamt about this day and it finally happened.”
- Carlos Santana Was So Mad the Phillies Were Playing Fortnite During Games, He Smashed Their TV
- The best heart rate monitors and watches (March 2018)
- 14 Advanced GPS Watches for Runners
- As surgery centers boom, patients are paying with their lives
- What putting medical records on an Apple Watch means for your privacy
- Pregame news: Mauer setback, updates on Santana, Buxton, Polanco, Hughes money
- Davis first September HR lifts Orioles past Mariners 2-1
- Garmin vívoactive HR review
- Cancer Patients Pay Thousands To Save Their Fertility. New Laws Aim To Change That.
- Dax Cowart, Who Suffered for Patients’ Rights, Dies at 71
- Choosing the right HR package
- Apple Watch owners shame pro reviewers
- Fitbit's Alta HR adds heart-rate monitoring
- Donors sought to help cancer patient
- DT10: Health & Fitness. Tech wrecked our bodies, but next it will make us healthier than ever
- First FDA-approved cannabis drug hits US market
- DT10: Medicine. As tech trickles in, medicine is about to hit warp speed
- After a Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis, She Vowed to Become Runner—And Set Her Sights on Ultras
- Outspoken FCC commissioner vows to keep looking out for you
- Shigellosis – everything you need to know about the contagious bug that could hit this autumn
Watch: Carlos Santana makes good on vow to hit HR for leukemia patient have 342 words, post on www.yardbarker.com at August 6, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.