He also criticized Iran for sponsoring “proxy wars” and hostile activities, rather than investing in the national economy. The ambassador said that Iran needs substantial changes to its policies to make its own behavior normal.
Earlier, the British Minister for Middle East Affairs Alistair Burt stated that the agreement on the nuclear program plays an important role in regional security. He also noted that together with the European Union, London would protect British companies from the US sanctions, noting, however, that London was open for a dialogue with Washington regarding sanctions against Iran.
In early May, Trump announced his decision to pull out of the 2015 Iran nuclear agreement signed in Vienna by Iran, the European Union, China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom, the United States and Germany. The US president also announced the restoration of all sanctions against Tehran, including secondary ones that apply to other countries conducting business with Iran.
- Iran nuclear deal took years to put together and 12 minutes to tear up with 'mixture of bombast, threats and lies'
- Boris Johnson appears on Fox and Friends in effort to speak to Donald Trump on US visit
- May must tackle ‘corrupt’ Russian money in UK, say MPs
- East Africa a Bright Spot As World Crawls Towards Energy Goals
- Malawi: Govt Makes It Cheaper for Women to Run in 2019 Election
- Sierra Leone Mudslide Survivors Live in Fear of Fresh Disaster
- Salisbury spy poisoning: Yulia Skripal says she is 'lucky to have survived' and would one day like to go home to Russia
- Armenian president says he's 'ready to stand between police and protesters if I have to'
- Zimbabwe: Airzim Tables Debt Strategy
- Kenya: Why Ndakaini Dam Remains 'Empty' Despite Rain Everywhere
- Kenya: 112 Kenyans Killed After Heavy Rains, Krcs Says
- Nigeria: Wife of PDP Leader Still in Police Detention Three Weeks After, Despite Losing Pregnancy
- South Africa: Man Dies in Head-On Collision in Durban
- Ghana: Churches, Other Religious Bodies Crucial for Success of Ghana Beyond Aid-
- Kenya: First Lady Calls for Holistic Solutions to Challenges Facing Girls
- Nigeria: Govt Set to Investigate Cases of 27 Nigerians in Tanzanian Prisons
- At least 55 Palestinians killed by Israeli troops in Gaza protests as US opens Jerusalem embassy
US Ambassador to UK Urges London to Stop Supporting Iran have 374 words, post on sputniknews.com at August 12, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.