FORMER EDL leader Tommy Robinson shared a selfie with Love Island’s Wes Nelson and said the hit ITV show helped him when he was in prison.
The 35-year-old smiled next to the reality TV star and said he was a “lovely lad” – but added that Wes had “no idea who he was”.
But he was freed in August after three judges quashed the contempt of court charge and his case will be heard again.
And he revealed on Saturday night that he spent his evenings behind bars tuned in to the popular dating show.
“They was in Love Island for as long as I was away. Before people give him a hard time he had no idea who I was.”
Robinson was seen for the first time since his release watching the boxing battle between two YouTube stars in Manchester.
He was one of 20,000 fans at Manchester Arena for the match billed as “the biggest thing that’s ever happened on YouTube”.
Robinson was pictured at the bout between YouTube senstations KSI and Logan Paul, which ended in a draw on Friday.
After his release, he claimed he was the victim of “mental torture” and held in solitary confinement at Onley Prison in Warwickshire.
Breaking his silence in a video posted to his YouTube channel, Robinson claimed: “Home sweet home. I’ve got so much to say… but I feel anxious.
“What they tried to do was to mentally destroy me. That wasn’t a prison sentence, that was mental torture.”
He added; “If I was bitter and angry I would accept my own victimhood. I’m not their victim, I’m their target.”
After posting footage of men involved in the case in Leeds he later claimed he was just “reporting” on the grooming trial which involved 28 Asian men.
During his Facebook Live stream he referred to specific details about the defendants and questioned why publication was prohibited.
Robinson’s footage was watched 250,000 times within hours of being posted on Facebook.
The judge also said that he considered it a “seriously aggravating factor” that Robinson was asking people to share his video, legal documents explain.
‘THEY HAD TO SPRAY PERFUME’
Egypt room where tragic Brits died smelt strange, official says
HOLIDAY CAMP HELL
Pontins guest greeted by vomit, cigarette butts and human faeces
Primark roof COLLAPSES as huge fire rips through historic building in Belfast
‘A DEATH TRAP’
Ex Egypt hotel worker tells of surprise it took 5 years for someone to die
BULLIED TO DEATH
Boy, 9, kills himself after ‘bullies tormented him for coming out as gay’
Near death to all-clear – is this man PROOF doctors can finally beat cancer?
The allegations against Robinson will be reheard at The Old Bailey later this year – possibly as early as September.
Robinson supporters wearing ‘Free Tommy’ t-shirts cheered and burst into tears outside the Court of Appeal when he was released.
A spokesman for Wes confirmed to The Sun Online that the Love Island hunk had no idea who Tommy was and assumed he was a fan.
- Tommy Robinson Appeal: Judges Quash Contempt Of Court Charge
- 'Love Island' star Megan Barton Hanson wants leaked webcam video taken down
- ‘Safety over selfie’: National park visitors can't seem to stop getting too close to wildlife
- Two new KC-area businesses help you take your selfies to the next level
- Facebook introduces time limit tool
- Activists slam de Blasio's plan to renovate Rikers Island 'hell,' demand its closure
- 60 Times Madonna Changed Our Culture
- The interview that ‘blessed’ Robyne Robinson’s career
- Readers sound off on love songs, blowhards and hitmen
- Nelson's narrow lead with Florida Latinos worries Democrats
- Can we tell now if Democrats will win US election?
- Thrill seekers turn dangerously high Olympic bridge into must-have for selfies
- ‘Hamilton’ star Leslie Odom Jr. expecting first child with wife Nicolette Robinson
- Jailed When Her Boyfriend Killed Her Son, She Is At Last Free
- Scotties GOATs giving brotherly love
- The waves meet the land on tiny Hat Island
- A final, sacred task: Returning a friend to the land she loved
- York Co. jailers usually deliver prisoners. This time they brought food to needy.
- Kenny Chesney helps rescue 250 animals from Hurricanes Irma, Maria
- Editorial: We are blessed, thanks to our readers
Tommy Robinson shares selfie with Love Island’s Wes Nelson and gushes how he helped him through jail time have 797 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 28, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.