The bizarre incident, which took place just before 8pm this evening, also involved armed police and the force helicopter.
It saw the man apprehended in what was a multi-response pursuit, a police spokesman said.
A local response team and the road policing team were also involved in the pursuit, which saw the vehicle stung in the Deep Lane area, near Sherford.
Sgt Olly Taylor, Roads Policing Sergeant at Devon and Cornwall Police, said, : “We received reports of a stolen vehicle in the Landrake area at around 7.40pm and it was cited on the A38 heading towards Plymouth.
“Officers were able to locate and identify the vehicle, and a stinger was deployed across the road.
“This was a successful deployment, with four out of the six tyres being punctured.”
Upon the deflation of the tyres, the male was instructed to pull into the lay by in the Deep Lane area.
He was subsequently arrested for “multiple offences” and taken to Charles Cross Police station for further questioning.
Want more news?
- Guelph officer won't be charged in police chase that left car split in half
- Tricep Kickbacks - Road to Bigger Arms
- 'Mercedes mum' jailed after high-speed police chase along Princes Highway
- Portland police have ‘person of interest’ in series of indecent exposure incidents
- Cop being sued for forcibly baptizing a woman is ALSO being sued for a forced anal cavity search on another person on the same day
- Police dog gets his man after Sandy Bay chase
- Man Arrested After Ransacking Vehicles Across Montgomery Co: Cops
- Cops: Ledyard Man Tried To Attack & Bite Norwich Officers
- Edmonton police tactical team leader testifies at Abdulahi Sharif’s attempted murder trial
- Suspect shoots at law enforcement during central Minnesota chase, is badly injured in crash