Editor’s Viewpoint: New ways needed to tackle bad behaviour BelfastTelegraph.co.uk The level of anti-social behaviour in Northern Ireland is shocking, according to the latest statistics. In the last year there were more than 61,200 such incidents and the number is rising. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/editors-viewpoint/editors-viewpoint-new-ways-needed-to-tackle-bad-behaviour-37190802.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article37190903.ece/f03e8/AUTOCROP/h342/Alcohol.jpg Email The level of anti-social behaviour in Northern Ireland is shocking, according to the latest statistics. In the last year there were more than 61,200 such incidents and the number is rising. Anti-social behaviour is a catch-all term including excessive noise, vandalism, drunkenness and potentially threatening behaviour. Those subjected to such behaviour can feel isolated, helpless and in despair. Who can they turn to? What remedy can they seek? Are they just leaving themselves open to more distressing incidents, or perhaps even an escalation of bad behaviour? One method that was hailed as a way to combat anti-social behaviour when introduced by Tony Blair’s Labour government has proved to be ineffective. Anti-social behaviour orders (Asbos) were brought in to ensure communities didn’t have to live with unacceptable levels of fear and intimidation. However, in the year 2015/16 only two Asbos were handed out here, leading the NI Association for the Care and Resettlement of Offenders (Niacro) to… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson: No 'New Infrastructure' Needed For Customs Checks in Ireland Post-Brexit
- Justin Bieber banned from China for 'bad behaviour'
- Jeremy Hunt unveils new measures to tackle failing care homes
- Kelsey Juliana: 'What if fashion came to represent a new way of living?'
- China Focus: Forbidden no more: Palace Museum connects with public in fresh new ways
- Gofit Debuts a Smart New Way to Train
- GoFit Debuts a Smart New Way to Train
- US Approach to Israeli-Palestinian Conflict is Biased, New Mediator Needed - Analyst
- Redux Lands On The PS3 And Launches Riffsy, A New Way To Browse And Share Video On Mobile Devices
- Scammers try a new way to steal online shoppers’ payment-card data
Editor's Viewpoint: New ways needed to tackle bad behaviour have 342 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at August 7, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.