CELEBRITY Big Brother star Kirstie Alley will use the TV show to recruit other housemates into Scientology, the Church’s critics claim.
They say it’s inevitable that the former Cheers star will be getting advice from Scientology on how to act and what to do in the house.
Tony Ortega, who runs one of the influential anti-Scientology blog The Underground Bunker, reveals that she could be getting tips from the leader David Miscavige, who’s best friends with its most famous member, actor Tom Cruise.
He said: “I think it’s quite possible that she will get some instruction from David Miscavige about what he’d like to see her say or do on the show. And if she does try to recruit someone on the show, it will no doubt be a disaster – and perhaps a ratings coup.
“But this is Kirstie we’re talking about, and so I wouldn’t be all that surprised if she tried it.’
In the past, Alley has launched a defence of the Church and fell out with one of it’s mostly famous defectors, actress Leah Remini, who’s gone on to be an outspoken critic of the controversial religion.
She told The Howard Stern show: “First of all, I just want everyone to know I have hundreds of friends who have come into Scientology and left Scientology. You’re not shunned, you’re not chased. All that stuff’s bulls**t.
“When you’re generalising and when your goal is to malign and to say things about an entire group…when you decide to blanket statement that Scientology is evil, you are my enemy.”
But Ortega is hoping that Alley, who’s admitted in the past to a heavy cocaine addiction, will get a grilling from the other contestants, unlike staunch Scientologist singer Stacy Francis last year, who was let off the hook by housemates.
“Last year, Stacy Francis was on Celebrity Big Brother, and she did make some news for talking about her involvement in Scientology. But it was the typical sort of celebrity Scientology moment. Stacy made some vague references to how it gave her “tools” for life and that it was misunderstood by the public.
“I would say there’s a good chance something similar will happen during Kirstie’s stay in the Big Brother house. Someone may bring it up, and she’ll give a speech about how the press has it all wrong, and how helpful it has been in her life.
“Of course, we would all like to see her housemates ask her some real questions about Scientology, about the forced abortions, missing executives, extreme fundraising, and of course the nutty ideas of [founder] L. Ron Hubbard. But chances are, Kirstie won’t be asked those questions, and she won’t volunteer any real details.
“On the other hand, this is Kirstie Alley we’re talking about, and as her Twitter account proves, she can be pretty unhinged. So who knows. Something actually interesting might happen.’
Tom Cruise’s former Scientology bodyguard Brendan Tighe recently claimed that Kirstie was flat broke and would often have to work for the Church raising funds so that she earned commission. He also said that she’d regularly be hitting on the members, especially the Italian contingent, at the HQ, in Clearwater, Florida, called Flag.
Tighe said: “Kirstie Alley I met hundreds of times. I feel sorry for Kirstie on so many levels, it’s very apparent she’s done so many drugs, her brain is so scrambled.
SHOCK DRUG DEATH
Pregnant TV star Lyric McHenry found dead on pavement in her underwear
‘IT’S LIKE A BATON’
Charlotte Crosby’s fans stunned by Joshua Ritchie’s enormous bulge
‘she’s scared for future’
Katie Price ‘begs ex Peter Andre for help’ to avoid bankruptcy
Cash-strapped Katie Price drops £130,000 off price of horsebox on eBay
Paul Young says burglar Gino D’Acampo stole music featuring late wife’s voice
Love Island’s Laura blasts fans who say she’s ‘copying’ Olivia Attwood
“Whatever the current mess was in her life, she’d plaster it all over the place. She would have her latest crush, often an Italian, as they came to Flag a lot, so she would hang out with all the Italian Scientologists. She’d have wild parties, well, as wild as they get in Scientology, and blow lots of money. She spent so much money that she’d have to fundraise for the IAS [International Association of Scientologists] – she was doing it virtually full-time, getting 10 per cent commission on any donation.
“Scientology saved her, and it was like a safe haven for her. She’d go in and out of different modes. There was a big event and she decided to buy 200 designer dresses and give them Sea Org women so they had something nice to wear, even renting hotel rooms so they had somewhere to get dressed.
“Next, she’d flip and be eating a bag of popcorn down the hallway in baggy clothes trying to hide her weight. For her Flag was somewhere to hang out, she’d walk along in her bathrobe and slippers.
“She would go off her diet a lot, they would have hundreds of boxes of Jenny Craig [famous US diet brand] in the freezer when she was giving up on her diet and we’d have to get rid of the stuff. She’s very much into Scientology though, zero doubt in her mind.”
Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- Celebrity Big Brother star Natalie Nunn says husband Jacob Payne was fuming after seeing her constantly partying with ‘flirty co-stars’ – and is ‘relieved’ she is finally back home in the US
- Roxanne Pallett has QUIT Celebrity Big Brother following Ryan Thomas ‘punch’ incident and ‘won’t get her £750k fee’
- Celebrity Big Brother's Chloe Ayling and Natalie Nunn SNOG in the street as stars hit the town together
- Celebrity Big Brother’s Paul Danan says Sarah Harding’s romance with Chad Johnson is ‘definitely not love’ as he slams ‘getting laid in the toilet’
- Celebrity Big Brother's Roxanne Pallett accused of 'using domestic violence for storyline' by furious Nicola McLean
- 'Celebrity Big Brother' Fans Judge Brandi Glanville for Drinking Too Much
- 'Big Brother' Spain contestant says she was sexually assaulted, forced by producers to watch footage
- Natalie Nunn claims she told Chloe Ayling about Jermaine Pennant's wife and girls he's 'cheated' with have DMed her
- Jacqueline Jossa 'to confront Chloe Ayling over Dan Osborne threesome claims'
- Dan Osborne's half-brother has X Factor break 'ruined' by Jacqueline Jossa cheat claims
- 'Know your worth!' Jacqueline Jossa is urged to DUMP husband Dan Osborne as she puts her wedding ring back on amid cheating claims
- What Jac Jossa and Dan Osborne's body language told us after I'm A Celebrity final
- Pregnant Stephanie Davis joins ex Hollyoaks co-star Kelly-Marie Stewart as she walks without crutches after revealing 'Zika left her paralysed'
- Jacqueline Jossa's heartbreaking comments about Dan Osborne 'cheating' claims
- Katie Price denies showing sex tape of ex Alex Reid to TV audience after he reports her to police for revenge porn
- CBB's Natalie Nunn defiantly kisses husband Jacob Payne amid reports he 'dumped her' after Dan Osborne and Chloe Ayling 'threesome' claims... and reveals she's on her way to LONDON
- EXCLUSIVE: Holly Willoughby gets teary as she talks about the 'pressures' of TV... and how she met Phillip Schofield hosting Dancing on Ice amid pair's rumoured feud
- I'm an unemployed Commons Speaker – give me £1MILLION to go into the TV jungle! John Bercow 'demands seven-figure fee' from ITV to appear on I'm A Celebrity
- RHOBH’s Brandi Glanville calls herself ‘the most fun person she’s ever met’ after worrying drug claim
- Celebrity birthdays for the week of Jan. 6-12
Celebrity Big Brother star Kirstie Alley ‘will use the TV show to recruit other housemates into Scientology’, claim critics have 1327 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 15, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.