Roxanne Pallett tells Ben Jardine that Ryan Thomas punched her “four, five or six times” in footage that will be aired on Celebrity Big Brother tonight.
The former Emmerdale actress cries to Ben in the toilet and tells him what happened between her and Ryan.
She describes the incident as “not play fighting”.
In Thursday’s episode Pallett, 35, told Big Brother she was upset by the altercation, which she said involved Thomas punching her “repeatedly, unprovoked”.
She added, in tears: “He actually punched me like a boxer would punch a bag. And we weren’t play fighting, there was no banter, it wasn’t a joke.”
The Channel 5 programme saw former Coronation Street actor Ryan Thomas given a formal warning by Big Brother after Roxanne alleged he punched her.
After being called to the Diary Room, Thomas was told: “Before you entered the Big Brother house, rules regarding unacceptable behaviour were explained to you. You have broken this rule.
“At 3.55pm today, Big Brother noticed that, whilst almost play fighting, you punched Roxanne in the ribs.
“This caused Roxanne to say ‘Ow, that bloody hurt’. Whether you intended to hurt Roxanne or not is irrelevant.”
Thomas said: “I think we both know, and Roxanne, that there was no malice or anger in anything I did.”
He apologised for his actions.
Ofcom has received 11,215 complaints about Thursday’s episode of Celebrity Big Brother, the media regulator said.
The complaints are understood to relate to Pallett’s reaction to the incident.
A spokeswoman for Ofcom said: “We are assessing these complaints against our broadcasting rules, before deciding whether or not to investigate.”
A clip from Friday’s episode shows Roxanne talking to Ben about the incident.
“So the reason I was in the Diary Room a lot yesterday was because something happened in here – an altercation,” she said.
Ben is shocked, swearing as Roxanne continues: “I didn’t want to tell you because you’d had a few drinks.”
He responds: “Come on, I feel like we’re being watched.”
The pair get off the sofas to disappear into the toilets, where she says: “Ryan punched me.”
Shocked Ben exclaims: “What?”
“It wasn’t play fighting,” she sobs. “He punched me repeatedly in the ribs there and I didn’t say anything but I was in so much pain all night. It was intentional to hurt. He went for it, he did it with his fists and it was so sore and so aggressive and I walked off in a blur of confusion.”
Ben asks in concern: “Are you OK?”
“No I’m not,” she replies crying.
Ben asked Roxanne to demonstrate the punches on him, and audio can be heard of the punches.
“Four, five, six times!,” she said.
A Celebrity Big Brother representative told Mirror Online: “Last night’s show accurately reflected the events in the house from both perspectives and the incident was shown in full so that viewers could make up their own minds.”
Following the broadcast, Thomas’s brother Scott defended him on Twitter: “I have now seen it all! Women like that are so dangerous! Trying to damage my brother’s reputation over what was blatantly some harmless play fighting.
“Be a drama queen all you want but don’t try and ruin someone in the process! Nasty that!”
In preview clip for Friday night’s episode, Pallett says in the Diary Room: “I don’t feel very comfortable at the moment. I slept separately last night because I felt uncomfortable, because Ryan assaulted me.”
“And he’s still here and he smirked as me as I walked past.”
Thomas, 34, tells Sally Morgan: “They know I’m not a bad person. They know I’m not, you know, causing anyone any harm in here at all.
“When they pick up on something in here that’s nothing and turn it into something massive, it makes me not want to be here.”
Celebrity Big Brother airs tonight at 9pm on Channel 5.
- Inside the Skaf gang: From the teen raped 40 times by 14 men to the women called 'Aussie pigs' as they were sexually assaulted in parks - judge reveals why the crimes were 'worse than murder'
- 'What’s the most pain you've ever felt?' Thrilling new Deadpool 2 trailer introduces Josh Brolin as time-traveling mutant super-soldier Cable
- Dan Gainor: Biden coverage by NY Times, others – suddenly #MeToo news not fit to print
- ’s Two Heartthrobs Are Team Each Other
- Season-Finale Recap: Limited Engagement
- My favourite film aged 12: The Notebook
- One Last Hurrah: These Celebrity Couples Took a Breakup Vacation
- All Grown Up: See the Cast of
- Can Democrats Fix the Party?
- Recap: We’re on a Break
- Season Finale Recap: It’s a Beautiful Day
- Trump says China made a 'horrible mistake' and tried to cover-up coronavirus outbreak, hours after Mike Pompeo claimed there was 'enormous evidence' that COVID-19 escaped a Wuhan lab
- The Bachelor: Listen To Your Heart singers Julia Rae and Savannah McKinley both pursue Brandon Mills
- Recap: Cheat Day
- Recap: A Calculated Risk
- Recap: The Blame Game
- The U.S. is back on the move: Cell phone data shows how states are easing out of lockdown with Texas, which was first to reopen, seeing a 40% increase in driving and 10% more New Yorkers out for a walk
- FMIA: With So Much Unknown, NFL Can Expect Imperfect 2020 Season
- The Crusade of Al Sharpton’s Brother
- Why Jon Hamm Hasn’t Become a Movie Star, Yet
CBB's Roxanne tells Ben that Ryan 'punched her five or six times' have 891 words, post on www.walesonline.co.uk at August 31, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.