Gary Cohn, the former Goldman Sachs President, reportedly believes banks were more responsible in 2008 before the financial crisis than social media companies are today. Facebook has served as a lightning rod for anger and mistrust towards social media firms ever since the revelations that 87 million users might have had their data shared with Cambridge Analytica. Banks, meanwhile, are still struggling to regain public trust after helping instigate the financial crisis 10 years ago. Risky assets like subprime mortgages led to large losses and many crisis-stricken banks, including the Royal Bank of Scotland, had to be bailed out by governments. Speaking at a benefit event at the weekend in New… To continue reading this article Start your free trial of Premium Access all Premium articles Subscriber-only events Cancel any time Free for 30 days then only £2 per week Try Premium Access one Premium article per week Register for free Register for free to continue reading this article Register Or unlock all Premium articles. Free for 30 days, then just £1 per week Start trial Start an annual subscription and receive a Fitbit Versa, worth £199 View all subscription options | Already have an account? Login
- Microsoft chiefs say big tech antitrust issues can be solved with laws, not lawsuits
- 'A good woman wanted a child with her husband': Listen to the talking unicorn sold at Big W that's been called 'inappropriate' and 'creepy' by shoppers
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Biden, GOP senators begin talks; Dems push ahead
- TOBIAS ELLWOOD: Why the world would be a better place without Facebook, Google and Amazon... and Britain can lead the way in cutting them down to size
- Tech earnings could supercharge a greedy stock market
- Android vs iPhone: what's the difference, and which is best for you?
- Petrol is on the inflation bonfire, we're just waiting for the spark
- How Wall Street Killed Financial Reform
- Trump Taught Teachers Conspiracy Theories. Now They’re Teaching Them To Students.
- GameStop saga makes Wall Street an issue for Biden team
Big banks vs big tech: Gary Cohn's comments about Facebook spark debate about lesser of two evils have 325 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at August 6, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.