The Duchess of Cambridge joined other members of the royal family to celebrate the Royal Air Force’s 100th anniversary.
She joined the Queen, Prince William, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and the rest of the gang for a service at Westminster Abbey to mark the occasion.
Technically Kate is on maternity leave after giving birth to her third child Prince Louis back in April.
So technically she doesn’t have to attend this kind of official event and has been missing from several key things in the last few months.
But the mum-of-three decided to break her leave for today’s celebrations, and there’s a very lovely reason why.
The organisation means a lot to Kate and she was made Honorary Air Commandant back in 2015, taking over the role from Prince Philip.
It is understood she felt the celebrations were important to intend if she could, and it seems she felt up to it.
She showed how proud she is to be a part of the organisation by wearing the RAF Dacre Brooch .
Of course it’s not the first time we’ve seen her and she has broken her maternity leave several times since welcoming little Louis into the world.
Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge
Last month she attended Trooping of the Colour, the Queen’s annual birthday parade.
She arrived by carriage for the celebration and joined the rest of the royal family on the Buckingham Palace balcony for the flypast.
Kate wore a lovely blue Alexander McQueen dress for the occasion with a hat by Juliette Botterill.
We’ve also seen her at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding and Prince Louis’ christening, but these are personal events not official occasions.
It’s been a busy week for the royal family as they attended Prince Louis’s christening yesterday.
Kate was seen carrying a sleepy little prince into the church while William looked after George and Charlotte.
- Why Kate Middleton Is Suddenly Embracing Life in the Spotlight
- Kate Middleton Spotted for First Time Since Leaving Hospital With Prince Louis
- Kate Middleton Wears Her Favorite Tiara to State Dinner at Buckingham Palace
- Taking the Eire: Prince William and Kate Middleton stroll arm in arm on a romantic clifftop walk (with their security) after visit to cattle farm on second day of royal charm offensive tour of Ireland
- Now Kate Middleton visits a women's PRISON in third stop on her whirlwind 24-hour post-Megxit tour of Britain (as Meghan shares photos of her visit to London dog rescue centre before she left UK)
- Kate Middleton, Prince William and Prince Harry to attend premiere of Bond film Spectre
- Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle's next public reunion revealed
- The art of dressing VERY literally: Kate Middleton pays tribute to the emerald isle in two green ensembles and shamrock earrings as Ireland tour continues
- Did Kate Middleton Drop Another Hint That Her Family with Prince William Is Complete with 3 Kids?
- Prince William and Kate Middleton will get a personal lesson in pouring a pint of Guinness during three-day Irish tour starting today - but they will miss Prince Harry at Endeavour Fund on Thursday
- Struggling to cope with being a new parent? Expert who's worked with royalty reveals why you should make a 'happy playlist' and take early maternity leave
- 'Lots of exciting things happening in your family at the moment': Irish First Lady jokes about royal woes as she meets Prince William and Kate Middleton at start of their three-day post-Brexit charm offensive
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's last official engagement as senior royals will see the pair appear alongside the Queen, Prince William and Kate Middleton for the first time since Megxit was announced
- Royal wedding menus: see what Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle & more ate on their big days
- Prince William reveals one regret about his and Kate Middleton's royal trip to Ireland
- Mum says it’s ‘outrageous’ dads can’t stay overnight in maternity wards but others claim their SNORING keeps mums awake
- Back to work! The Queen is radiant in a peach coat and hat as she visits RAF Marham for her first official engagement since Megxit after her six-week winter break
- Kate Langbroek reveals her family is trapped in Venice as Carnival celebrations are cancelled and the city placed in lockdown after coronavirus kills seven people - as she describes the 'ghost town'
- Meghan Markle Just Broke Another Royal Hair Rule Today
- Eastern Russia broke records for warmest winter temperatures, leaving Moscow snowless
Why Kate Middleton broke her maternity leave for the RAF 100 celebrations have 734 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at July 10, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.