Berlin (CNN)Last week was a bad one for German Chancellor Angela Merkel. At the World Cup in Russia, defending champions Germany were soundly defeated by South Korea and sent home in disgrace, while the government seemed on the verge of collapse as a deadline loomed for her to reach a workable deal on migration with her EU colleagues.
Berlin, 12 p.m local: Merkel meets Orban
Vienna, 1 p.m. local: Seehofer meets Kurz
Berlin, 1.30 p.m. local: Merkel meets May
Atika Shubert and Nadine Schmidt reported from Berlin and Judith Vonberg wrote in London.
- Jean-Claude Juncker admits he 'will miss Merkel' but reveals Chancellor 'annoyed' him
- Earthquake today: The deadliest earthquakes that struck on this day in history revealed
- Waukesha file reveals state trooper's harrowing rescue attempts after Christmas parade attack
- Nets’ Irving misses media day, declines to reveal vaccination status
- Germany's Populists Beat Merkel's Migrant CDU Party: Exit Polls
- 'Lawless Areas, Helpless Police — Can We Still Feel Safe?' Top Magazine Speaks Of Germany As Failed State
- Remember me? Juncker does best to steal Merkel's limelight with shameless intervention
- Merkel Announces Restrictions on Unvaxed, Vote on Compulsory Jabs
- Olaf Scholz Elected Chancellor of Germany, Ending 16 Years of Merkel
- Former EU Chief: Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Was Merkel’s ‘Biggest Mistake’
- COVID in Europe: Denmark reports jump in Omicron cases as Belgium protest ends in clashes
- Kyiv hopes for more as Zelenskyy meets Merkel
- ‘Chinafication of Europe’: President Hints at EU-Wide Vaccine Mandate
- Valérie Pécresse: Part-Thatcher, part-Merkel and wants to run France
- One Third of Germans Want 'United States of Europe'
- merkel: Germany locks unvaccinated out of public life; mandate looms - Times of India
- Europe's week: Scholz inauguration, French EU presidency and Ukraine warnings
- One last shot: Merkel makes final appeal
- Cologne Police Reveal 'Cover Up' Of New Year's Eve Rape Attacks Ordered By Government
- Islamic State Recruited Jobless At Government Employment Centre
What one day in Merkel's diary reveals about the state of Europe have 1302 words, post on edition.cnn.com at July 5, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.