Donald Trump arrived in the UK today amid a full-blown spat with Theresa May after he slammed her Brexit plan as not ‘what people voted for’. The US president took an axe to diplomatic niceties before even touching down at Stansted airport as he delivered a series of extraordinary jibes in a press conference at the NATO summit in Brussels. Before boarding Air Force One with First Lady Melania, Mr Trump highlighted Mrs May’s political woes, saying he was heading for a ‘hot spot’. And he made clear that he did not approve of the softer stance the PM has been advocating despite fury from many Tory MPs. ‘Brexit is Brexit, the people voted to break it up so I would imagine that is what they’ll do, but they might take a different route. I’m not sure that’s what people voted for,’ Mr Trump said. Mr Trump and his wife Melania waved as they stepped off Air Force One at Stansted Airport this afternoon – but he is already in a diplomatic row with Theresa May Air Force One touched down at Stansted Airport just before 2pm this afternoon as Mr Trump began his visit to the UK Mr Trump and… Read full this story
- Trump: May’s Brexit Plan ‘Will Probably Kill’ U.S. Trade Deal
- Cross-party group of MPs plots to halt hard Brexit plans
- Crowds Gather in UK Cities to Protest Johnson's Brexit Plans
- What is Labour's Brexit plan?
- Final word on Brexit plan to go to PM as most crucial vote in a generation nears
- Professional Amateur Businesswoman Ivanka Trump Slams Green New Deal, Walks Right into Shade from Ocasio-Cortez
- El Paso and Dayton: Does Trump's five-point plan to end gun violence make sense?
- A ‘people’s vote’ on the final Brexit deal is a necessity
- U.S. Ambassador Warns Trade Deal with UK ‘Totally up in the Air’ After May’s Brexit Compromise
- Trump Promises ‘Big’ Trade Deal Despite May’s Brexit Betrayal
Trump slams May's Brexit plan as not 'what people voted for' and urges her to take a tougher line on immigration have 324 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 12, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.