President Donald J. Trump has said that the British government’s proposed soft Brexit plan “will probably kill” a bilateral trade deal with the U.S., and he criticised Prime Minister Theresa May for ignoring his advice on dealing with the European Union. President Trump made the comments in an interview with British newspaper The Sun ahead of his visit to the UK and represent his strongest criticisms of May’s handling of Brexit after the Prime Minister unveiled a soft Brexit vision of future UK-EU relationships that would see Britain effectively tied to many of the bloc’s institutions.“If they do a deal like that, we would be dealing with the European Union instead of dealing with the UK, so it will probably kill the deal,” President Trump told the tabloid. “If they do that, then their trade deal with the US will probably not be made.” The President then went on to explain that the Prime Minister’s White Paper proposal “will definitely affect trade with the United States, unfortunately in a negative way”. “We have enough difficulty with the European Union,” he added. “We are cracking down right now on the European Union because they have not treated the United States fairly on trading. Trump… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson and Donald Trump agree to strike UK-US trade deal by July 2020
- Senators Warn Donald Trump Against Swapping Huawei Ban for Trade Deal, Insist Tech Company Is National Security Threat
- Trump Tells Trudeau US Wants Fair Trade Deal or None at All
- Trump admin. announces plan to kill 2016 methane emissions limits
- Corbyn: PM Must Guarantee UK Trade Deal With US Not to Lead to NHS Privatization
- Potential UK-US Free Trade Deal Could Threaten NHS, Yet Not 'Catastrophe'
- I'm next! Farage delivers his Brexit plan to No10 moments after Theresa May leaves - as he vows to sabotage the Tories by fighting a general election if they delay leaving the EU
- EU’s Barnier warns of tough times ahead on UK trade deal
- US, China Negotiators Hold 'Constructive' Discussions Over Phone on Trade Deal
- US-China trade deal negotiations hit another snag
Trump: May’s Brexit Plan ‘Will Probably Kill’ U.S. Trade Deal have 346 words, post on www.breitbart.com at July 13, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.