A 10-year-old girl and an 18-year-old woman have died after a gunman opened fire outside a restaurant in Toronto. Police said 13 people had been injured, some of them seriously. Their ages range from 10 to 59. Three people underwent immediate operations to save their lives at St Michael’s Hospital, trauma surgeon Dr Najma Ahmed said. Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player Gunshots and sirens in Toronto The shooting happened just after 10pm on Sunday (3am UK time), in the Greektown area in Toronto’s east end – a popular area with restaurants, cafes and shops. Video appeared to show the gunman, dressed in black, walking along the street before stopping and aiming his weapon directly into a shop or restaurant. Advertisement Witnesses told the Toronto Star a gun had been fired multiple times, some of them estimating that up to 20 shots had been discharged. The gunman died after an exchange of fire with officers, police said. More from Canada Julie Payette: Queen’s representative in Canada quits amid bullying claims Fashion mogul Peter Nygard arrested on historical sex abuse charges US in talks to release Huawei’s Meng Wanzhou who is battling extradition from Canada – report… Read full this story
- ‘Innocent’ dad ‘raped and battered to death’ by vigilante parents after girl, 10, ‘lied’ that he abused her ‘for a joke’
- Dad Of Teen Killed In Seattle's CHOP Says Mayor, Police Haven't Reached Out
- Girl, 8, among 10 dead in Chicago’s holiday weekend gunfire
- DC Police release bodycam footage showing moment cops shoot dead 18-year-old black man after he pulled a gun - sparking protests - as it's revealed the teen was a 'validated gang member'
- Girl, 8, among those killed during violent Labor Day weekend in Chicago
- US commemorates 19th anniversary of 9/11 terrorist attacks
- Las Vegas shooting victims closer to getting $800M payout
- Inside Nice church as knifeman beheads victims in 30-minute rampage that killed 3
- NYC woman, 74, is sucker punched in the face in disturbing footage after confronting three teens 'aged between 14 and 18 who stole her purse' in yet another week of violence in the city
- Car Thief Trevor George Allegedly Killed Teen Babysitter in Pumpkin Patch in Rural Colorado
Toronto restaurant shooting: Girl, 10, and teen killed in Canada attack have 353 words, post on news.sky.com at July 23, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.