We’ll start with Forward Present. All week we heard about the pressure involved in playing for Kerry. Footballers from other counties would love that kind of pressure. Being expected to win All-Irelands at least means there’s a chance you might win them. The idea that Kerry footballers have it tough probably rankles most with the really gifted individuals from less successful counties. The Declan Brownes, the Eamonn O’Haras, the Mattie Fordes. Players like Conor McManus. Everyone acknowledges the Monaghan man’s status as one of the game’s finest forwards but, come September, there’s hardly a word about him. Had he been born in Dublin or Kerry, McManus would be a household name. Instead, he’s like one of those musicians who has to content himself with critical acclaim while others top the charts; a Steve Earle rather than an Ed Sheeran. Being a phenomenally talented star forward for a county where such players don’t exactly roll off a conveyor belt brings its own burdens. There’s the burden of being expected to carry the team on your back and the burden of the opposition being able to concentrate on stopping you to an extent which would be impossible were there another couple of… Read full this story
- The Past, Present & Future Of Mazda Motorsports
- Top 14 Toyotas Enthusiasts Crave – Past, Present, and Future
- The misunderstood Kings GM. What a difference a year makes for Vlade.
- The Crusaders are right to rethink brand after Christchurch attack
- Who will be the comeback king at the 2019 Rugby World Cup?
- FMIA: Amazing, crazy games lead to Rams-Patriots Super Bowl; Tom Brady: ‘We’ll Remember This Forever’
- IPL 2019: 5 batsmen whom the Chennai Super Kings should target for the 2019 IPL season
- Honours even after a thrilling derby between Peterborough Panthers and King’s Lynn Stars
- Which players of the past would have excelled in Twenty20?
- Afghanistan's cricketing record suggests a bright future
Three kings display the finest of attacking past, present and future in Super 8s have 317 words, post on www.independent.ie at July 23, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.