Word of a new Snapchat camera feature in the works — which would let users scan products and send them to Amazon listings — sent the social media company’s stock trading 3 percent higher Monday. That was after a TechCrunch report about the development of the feature, which would turn the camera into what’s essentially a visual search engine. Don’t Miss: Amazon’s 5 best Prime Deals of the Day on Tuesday The news generated a round of headlines in the tech press. But credit for the scoop, as TechCrunch acknowledged in its piece, goes to a 15-year-old app researcher. Ishan Agarwal — @IshanAgarwal24 on Twitter. Ishan, it should be noted, has also tipped off TechCrunch before to other in-development features that led to product scoops. Things like Instagram video calling, soundtracks and Focus portrait mode, among other things. Snap hasn’t yet commented about the code discovery, which makes mention of “sending data to Amazon, Shazam and other partners.” The code also refers to offering a “see all results at Amazon” button after a barcode is scanned, though there’s not really anything specific around whether this is a partnership with Amazon of some kind or if Snapchat will just be directing users there. The… Read full this story
- Black-Owned Vegan Company Uses Amazon to Grow their Business
- Here's how to use Instagram's new 'walkie-talkie' feature for sending voice messages
- Instagram’s All-New Search & Explore Features Will Change How You Use Instagram
- Amazon Day is a new Prime-member perk from Amazon that allows you to schedule your package deliveries — here's how it works
- Here’s Why Tesla’s New “Dog Mode” Feature Is A Terrible Idea
- New Orleans allegedly secretly used Palantir's predictive policing since 2012
- Sue, the world-famous T. rex, gets a new lair in Chicago
- Is The New Snapchat Brilliant Or Totally Boneheaded?
- New Snapchat feature to rival 'login with Facebook'
- 5 Exciting New Social Media Features Every Entrepreneur Can Capitalize On
Teenage app researcher gets the scoop on new Snapchat camera feature using Amazon have 324 words, post on bgr.com at July 9, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.