Last week a video emerged from the ethereal mists of Youtube.
Two paranormal investigators called the Shadow Warriors, who claim a mystical mind channel to ‘the other side’, paid a visit to Coombe Abbey near Coventry to trace the spooky spirits who call it home.
The footage showed the effects of a ‘poltergeist’, (from German Polter, “noisy”, Geist, “spirit” ) creating creepy clatterings in the manor house, and ‘orbs’ flying around the corridors.
Here at CoventryLive we’ve covered many a haunting over the years – most famously the spirit of the Abbot Geoffrey, who was mercilessly murdered, and according to the Shadow Warriors, is yet unaware he is dead.
Reports have also covered the grey lady dressed in Victorian clothing, and the footsteps of a stable-girl called Matilda.
The Shadow Warriors claim to have spoken to Matilda for some time, and she divulged a tragic tale of abuse and abandonment at the hands of a Lord Craven.
Do you believe ghosts haunt Coventry?
0+ VOTES SO FAR
Coombe Abbey and its rumoured hauntings are well known, but there is no getting a spurious spook tale past CoventryLive readers.
JohnWalsh said: ‘Bloody nonsense.’
SEPAT7 said: “Some people need a really good shake.
“What are you doing with your life when it has come to this?
“Cashing in on the gullible and desperate, making a few quid from old dears missing their husbands.
“Making money from claiming to be a medium should be illegal, the rest of us call if fraud.
“Either you’re committing fraud or you actually believe this tosh, so you should be arrested or be held on medical grounds.
” I think we’d all feel much safer if you were locked up somewhere.”
Dhlawton said: “Obviously fake. I mean unless a real publicity seeker no ghost is going the paint a red circle and arrow to identify themselves.”
StarksCaraCov : “Bear and Wolf are not even that good, they are only mediums.”
Claire Louise Jones : “Looks like someone just stood at the window in there dressing gown to me”
Tanya Lloyd : “Its true. I took the kids few months and saw her. The kids ran they even saw it.”
Kev Wise : “100pc the place is haunted .. I’ve seen some weird stuff going on .. but this is the Honeymoon Suit .. and that is a groom in a shirt…”
Darryll Holloway : “Funny! All of the hours I spent across the years walking the corridors and the grounds in the depths of the night and I didn’t see or hear a thing! Obviously I should have spent 10 minutes walking around with a camera talking to nobody.”
Looking for an older story? Search our archives
Search for jobs, motors and property, or place an advert or family notice here.
- The best (or worst) Downton Abbey merchandise: from makeup to wine
- Ghost Light by Joseph O'Connor
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker -- New footage, release date, everything you need to know
- Holly Willoughby's red floral Ghost dress is half price &This Morning fans are excited
- Star Wars' Mark Hamill Reacts to Donald Trump's Rocky Photoshop
- This Is the Scariest Scene in
- Oh what fun! 20 of the best Christmas days out around the UK
- A bloody outrage: Veterans' fury as former British soldier WILL be charged with murder over Bloody Sunday shootings while IRA terrorists 'are cleansed of crimes' - as ex-Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams holds protest 'in solidarity with victims' families'
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker -- Everything you need to know before it hits cinemas
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker -- Everything you need to know before it hits theaters
- Dishonored Diary: Playing through in four different ways
- How The Rest Of The World Caught Up To Tegan And Sara
- Carrie on forever – should Star Wars' Leia be allowed to die?
- Michael Gove is the political horror show that chills my soul
- Hellier Producer Greg Newkirk Talks the Terror, Intrigue, and Goblins of Season 2
- Top 10 UK winter walks – chosen by travel and nature writers
- The Policing Paradox: How Will We Police The Police?
- Mystery of Oudh's Royal Family that Lived and Died in Ruins Amid Thickets of Delhi Jungles
- Faith No More: How Rock’s Most Contrarian Band Made Up and Came Back
- Winston Churchill’s black dog: portraying the ‘greatest Briton’ on screen
Readers react to footage of 'ghost' at Coombe Abbey have 752 words, post on www.coventrytelegraph.net at July 2, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.