Last week a video emerged from the ethereal mists of Youtube.
Two paranormal investigators called the Shadow Warriors, who claim a mystical mind channel to ‘the other side’, paid a visit to Coombe Abbey near Coventry to trace the spooky spirits who call it home.
The footage showed the effects of a ‘poltergeist’, (from German Polter, “noisy”, Geist, “spirit” ) creating creepy clatterings in the manor house, and ‘orbs’ flying around the corridors.
Here at CoventryLive we’ve covered many a haunting over the years – most famously the spirit of the Abbot Geoffrey, who was mercilessly murdered, and according to the Shadow Warriors, is yet unaware he is dead.
Reports have also covered the grey lady dressed in Victorian clothing, and the footsteps of a stable-girl called Matilda.
The Shadow Warriors claim to have spoken to Matilda for some time, and she divulged a tragic tale of abuse and abandonment at the hands of a Lord Craven.
Do you believe ghosts haunt Coventry?
0+ VOTES SO FAR
Coombe Abbey and its rumoured hauntings are well known, but there is no getting a spurious spook tale past CoventryLive readers.
JohnWalsh said: ‘Bloody nonsense.’
SEPAT7 said: “Some people need a really good shake.
“What are you doing with your life when it has come to this?
“Cashing in on the gullible and desperate, making a few quid from old dears missing their husbands.
“Making money from claiming to be a medium should be illegal, the rest of us call if fraud.
“Either you’re committing fraud or you actually believe this tosh, so you should be arrested or be held on medical grounds.
” I think we’d all feel much safer if you were locked up somewhere.”
Dhlawton said: “Obviously fake. I mean unless a real publicity seeker no ghost is going the paint a red circle and arrow to identify themselves.”
StarksCaraCov : “Bear and Wolf are not even that good, they are only mediums.”
Claire Louise Jones : “Looks like someone just stood at the window in there dressing gown to me”
Tanya Lloyd : “Its true. I took the kids few months and saw her. The kids ran they even saw it.”
Kev Wise : “100pc the place is haunted .. I’ve seen some weird stuff going on .. but this is the Honeymoon Suit .. and that is a groom in a shirt…”
Darryll Holloway : “Funny! All of the hours I spent across the years walking the corridors and the grounds in the depths of the night and I didn’t see or hear a thing! Obviously I should have spent 10 minutes walking around with a camera talking to nobody.”
Looking for an older story? Search our archives
Search for jobs, motors and property, or place an advert or family notice here.
- 'Serena is completely right' - Our readers react to the weekend's action of sport
- 'Lewis Hamilton deserves to be knighted' - Our readers react to the weekend's action of sport
- 'Danny Cipriani has more chances than a monopoly board' - Our readers react to the weekend of sport
- 'This game will haunt Freddie Burns for years': Telegraph readers react to the weekend of sport
- Telegraph readers react to England's progress at the 2018 World Cup: 'It's a relief to get to the knockout stage'
- D.J. Reader steps up for Texans in loss
- Gordon Hayward’s wife Robyn reacts to fallout of baby gender reveal video
- Twitter reacts to horrific officiating to start TNF
- Ghosts of Browns Lane: a reader visits Jaguar's museum
- Now 1-0, UK football can turn its attention to ghosts of Florida past