Last week a video emerged from the ethereal mists of Youtube. Two paranormal investigators called the Shadow Warriors, who claim a mystical mind channel to ‘the other side’, paid a visit to Coombe Abbey near Coventry to trace the spooky spirits who call it home. The footage showed the effects of a ‘poltergeist’, (from German Polter, “noisy”, Geist, “spirit” ) creating creepy clatterings in the manor house, and ‘orbs’ flying around the corridors. Here at CoventryLive we’ve covered many a haunting over the years – most famously the spirit of the Abbot Geoffrey, who was mercilessly murdered, and according to the Shadow Warriors, is yet unaware he is dead. Reports have also covered the grey lady dressed in Victorian clothing, and the footsteps of a stable-girl called Matilda. The Shadow Warriors claim to have spoken to Matilda for some time, and she divulged a tragic tale of abuse and abandonment at the hands of a Lord Craven. Watch: Ghost caught on camera at Coombe Abbey poll loading Do you believe ghosts haunt Coventry? 0+ VOTES SO FAR Yes, some spooks are more than a fluke No, Coventry is scary enough without invisible ghouls Coombe Abbey and its rumoured hauntings are… Read full this story
- New Android, new Chromecast, old marketing tricks: Ars readers react
- Woman spots 'ghost of her father' visiting house to sit in his favourite chair
- Security boss 'petrified' after eerie 'ghost bride seen stalking building site'
- Why Max Landis is wrong about Scarlett Johansson's 'whitewashed' Ghost in the Shell remake
- Where was Ghosts filmed? Inside the Button House manor used in the BBC comedy
- Creepy doll 'possessed by demons' cries 'real tears' during bar ghost hunt
- Shocking footage shows terrible conditions on Russian fur farm dubbed 'Auschwitz for animals' where starving minks and foxes resort to cannibalism to survive
- DTI readers donate floating houses for Quang Binh people
- Nikita Dutta, Salman Yusuff Khan & Other TV Actors React On Bengaluru Molestation Issue
- Beginner Phasmophobia tips for finding ghosts and staying alive
Readers react to footage of 'ghost' at Coombe Abbey have 330 words, post on www.coventrytelegraph.net at July 2, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.