National MP Nathan Guy has criticised Air New Zealand’s decision to promote the “Impossible Burger”, insisting the national carrier should promote NZ beef and lamb instead. Air NZ announced it would be serving the burger, which is made from plant-based materials, in business premier class on flights between New Zealand and Los Angeles from Tuesday. Air New Zealand launches meat-free burger Mr Guy wasn’t happy with the promotion of “substitute meat” though and tweeted to say NZ meat should be promoted instead. “Disappointing to see Air NZ promoting a GE substitute meat burger on its flights to the USA,” he wrote. “We produce the most delicious steaks & lamb on the planet – GMO & hormone free. The national carrier should be pushing our premium products and helping sell NZ to the world.” The Impossible Burger contains the genetically engineered soy leghemoglobin or “heme” to reproduce the bleeding effect of a normal burger. Twitter users were quick to point out that Air New Zealand already offers meat options for their customers. “You know it’s a vegetarian burger, right? And that vegetarians don’t eat lamb or beef? And that beef and lamb options are available to those who prefer them,” one… Read full this story
- Burger King Germany is Giving Away Whoppers for 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' Spoilers
- Real Housewives of New Jersey: Danielle Staub and Marty Caffrey say 'I do' to doomed four-month marriage
- Horses and burgers bring bad memories for Tories
- I will not apologize, says Rahul Gadhi over 'rape in India' remark
- Ethics Experts Slam Trump For Promoting Mar-A-Lago Resort As The 'Southern White House': 'It's An Abuse of Power'
- UK’s new air pollution strategy ‘hugely disappointing’, says Labour
- Bizarre! BJP MP Ganesh Singh says 'speaking in Sanskrit keeps diabetes, cholesterol at bay'
- Crashed Chile Plane on Its Way to Antarctica Had Emergency in 2016, Says Air Force
- Elmore Leonard: 'What a guy!' says Jackie Collins
- Plan to cut quarter of Welsh MPs is crackers, says Glyn Davies
MP Nathan Guys says Air NZ should promote NZ beef and lamb over vegan 'Impossible Burger' have 335 words, post on www.newshub.co.nz at July 3, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.