Meghan Markle’s close friend has slammed the Duchess’s dad, Thomas Markle, claiming his heart surgery was ‘all made up’ after his embarrassing staged photo shoot.
Thomas Markle pulled out of his daughter’s wedding just days after it emerged he had been paid to pose for pictures of his shopping for a wedding outfit and looking at pictured of Meghan and Harry.
It was later revealed the 73-year-old had suffered a heart attack and was undergoing heart surgery.
Now, a source close to the Duchess of Sussex has branded his heart surgery as a ‘story’, fabricated as a way out of the wedding.
They said: “The whole story about Meghan’s father undergoing heart surgery was made up.
“He had to come up with a good enough reason not to attend her wedding and avoid any further embarrassment after those staged photos went public.”, reports the Mail Online.
The source added people should ‘feel sorry for Meghan’ as opposed to her father.
Appearing on Good Morning Britain, Thomas, a former film lighting director, said he had checked into the Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, north of the Mexican border.
The hospital has since said ‘no such name’ was on their patient records.
Thomas Markle has also said he won’t stop speaking to the media until the Royals break their silence.
He said he’s unfazed by reports that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are growing ‘frustrated’ with his recent outspoken interviews about Meghan.
Thomas told TMZ he simply wants to make peace with his estranged daughter.
He said: “I was silent for a full year and the press beat me up every day saying I was a hermit hiding in Mexico, so I gave my story.
“Apparently that interview put the Royal Family in their silence mode … so, I gave another interview to break the silence. All they have to do is speak to me.”
Thomas Markle also said that he is amused that he can force the Royal Family into a media blackout.
“Tomorrow [Wednesday] is my birthday, 74 years old, and I’m enjoying the fact that I can make the entire Royal Family not speak and maybe I can get a laugh out of the Duchess.”
Mr. Markle has given numerous interviews in recent months, including a paid interview with the Sun in which he revealed his daughter hasn’t returned his calls for over two months.
He also said that he thought that his the 36-year-old actress looked ‘terrified’ in her new life as a fully-fledged royal.
“I see it in her eyes,” he said. “I see it in her face and I see it in her smile. I’ve seen her smile for years. I know her smile. I don’t like the one I’m seeing now. This one isn’t even a stage smile – this is a pained smile.”
- Meghan Markle setting up 'new avenue' online to win over supporters 'Has been lacking’
- Meghan Markle news latest – Archie and Lilibet’s daily routine revealed as Prince Harry shocks fans with appearance
- Meghan Markle news latest – Piers Morgan FURIOUS as Prince Harry & Duchess wade into Spotify’s Joe Rogan anti-vax storm
- Meghan Markle's most candid posts on her blog, The Tig - unladylike habits and constant battle
- Meghan Markle latest news: Piers Morgan SLAMS Prince Harry & Meg’s ‘hypocrisy’ for demanding Spotify axe Joe Rogan
- Meghan Markle latest news – Prince Harry faces ‘no going back to former Royal life’ if he is AXED from important role
- Meghan Markle latest news – Harry tries to heal rift with Charles as Home Office ‘won’t back down’ over protection saga
- Everything you need to know about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding
- Meghan Markle latest news – Royal Family ‘fear Duke & Duchess will turn Prince Philip’s memorial into Harry & Meg show’
- Meghan Markle news latest: Prince Harry ‘AXED oldest pal from wedding reception after making comment about Duchess’
- Meghan Markle takes crown from Queen in new research - but Kate triumphs on Instagram data
- Meghan Markle & Prince Harry latest news: Spotify work to continue despite ‘concerns’ as Duchess set to ‘relaunch blog’
- Prince Harry opened up on argument with Meghan Markle: 'I was going to lose her'
- Meghan Markle & Prince Harry latest news: Duchess’ absence from event with Kate means ‘ship has sailed’ for Royal return
- Queen Elizabeth news – Spotify forced to ‘seize control’ of Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s £500k-a-minute podcast flop
- GMB guest in tears as he says Meghan Markle's charity snubbed for Kabul evacuation
- Piers Morgan says 'I got forced out of my job for refusing to believe Meghan Markle’s lies'
- Final nail in coffin for Fab Four as Meghan misses key event with Kate
- Royal Family: Harry and Meghan 'failing' in US – William and Kate poised to swoop in
- 'Dysfunctional' Royals did not accept Meghan as she failed to 'subsume' like Kate - claim
Meghan Markle's friend slams Duchess's dad saying heart surgery was 'made up' have 858 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at July 19, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.