Meghan Markle will visit the United States to see her friends and family without Prince Harry.
Us Weekly reported that Markle’s trip would take place before the couple undertook a royal tour of Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Tonga, planned for October.
This would coincide with the Invictus Games, the Paralympic-style competition for military veterans which was founded by the prince and is due to be held in Sydney from October 20 through October 27.
The couple are said to be keen to go the United States together next year, so that Meghan can introduce Harry to “everything she loves about the U.S,” and as a way to highlight and strengthen ties between the countries.
Markle’s solo trip would be an unofficial one, the magazine reported.
Earlier in July, the couple visited Dublin on a two-day trip in which they met the Irish president and prime minister and were mobbed by fans.
Days earlier, Markle’s half sister, Samantha Markle, criticized her sibling on Twitter after their father, Thomas, claimed he had not heard from Meghan in two months. It is not known if the new royal will see her father during her U.S. trip.
The Mail Online reported that Thomas spent his 74th birthday alone and was spotted visiting McDonald’s.
In response to a story the Mail published about how Meghan paid tribute to Nelson Mandela on the 100th anniversary of his birth, Samantha tweeted, “How about you pay tribute to your own father?! Act like a humanitarian, act like a woman! If our father dies, I’m holding you responsible Meg!”
Earlier, the father of the new Duchess of Sussex told The Sun on Sunday that she displayed a “pained smile” now that she is so much in the public eye.
He said, “It really worries me. I think she’s under too much pressure. There’s a high price to pay to be married to that family,” he said.
He was unable to attend the wedding because he was recovering from a heart attack just a week before the nuptials.
Thomas later told TMZ that he would continue speaking to the media until Meghan accepted him back into her life.
“I was silent for a full year, and the press beat me up every day, saying I was a hermit hiding in Mexico, so I gave my story,” he said.
- Prince Harry spotted holding hands with girlfriend Meghan Markle on date in London as pals claim TV star lover has ‘virtually moved in’ with him
- Meghan Markle and Harry latest: Prince was smitten with Meghan before first date as pair buy luxurious $11m home
- Why did Meghan Markle's ex send these loving posts if he resented her success? Trevor Engelson's uncle hits back at claims the Duchess of Sussex's first husband couldn't cope with her fame
- Meghan Markle's BFF Misha Nonoo shares a rare glimpse of son Leo as she's pictured for the first time since release of Finding Freedom which documents the start of their friendship
- Meghan and Harry latest news: Prince was blown away with Duchess before first date
- Meghan and Harry latest – Prince chose engagement ring just ‘6 months after they met’
- 10 of the most expensive royal weddings: Meghan Markle, Kate Middleton, Princess Eugenie and more
- Royal expert Penny Junor questions whether Harry and Meghan 'colluded' with the Finding Freedom authors and says they would be 'kicking up a fuss' about the book if they had not
- New book details Charles' fondness for Meghan, Kate's 'indifference'
- Best 18 UK staycations 2020 for a weekend getaway: Cornwall, Devon & more
- 'I'll wear my robe!' Michelle Obama jokes she wants a PYJAMA PARTY with the royal baby as she congratulates Kate and William - and shares a sweet snap of her meeting Prince George
Meghan Markle is heading to the U.S. alone to visit her friends and family for the first time since her wedding have 619 words, post on www.newsweek.com at July 20, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.