GOOD Morning Britain viewers didn’t know what to make of ventriloquist Nina Conti when she appeared on today’s show as a monkey.
The 44-year-old comedian chatted to Eamonn Holmes, Kate Garraway and Charlotte Hawkins as a primate before strapping her famous face masks onto the hosts with hilarious results.
While some viewers found it funny others were left confused, writing on Twitter: “What a bizarre appearance on @GMB by Nina Conti ??
“@GMB How is being dressed in a monkey suit ventriloquism?
“I feel like I’ve woken up with an acid hangover… #GMB.”
“@ninaconti loved you in @GMB you always make me laugh.”
Kate got the giggles as Nina threw her voice to a high-pitched whine.
Charlotte was forced to confront her fear of puppets after admitting they freak her out.
She explained: “Whenever we have puppets in… they’re staring right at me.”
The monkey moved to put her at ease, saying: “I mean no ill.”
Nina’s appearance comes a week after Kate was left incensed by a Punch and Judy puppet.
Piers Morgan’s stand-in and co-host Charlotte interviewed a puppeteer performer and asked if Punch and Judy shows should be banned because they portray domestic violence.
Kids performer Bryan Llewellyn held up the black doll that looked similar to an old fashioned minstrel puppet and fellow guest Trisha Goddard said it was not acceptable.
Kate became more and more agitated and said it made her feel “uncomfortable” before telling him to put it away because “it shouldn’t be on here”.
Stopping the debate in its tracks, she said: “That’s really offensive by the way, that puppet.”
Bryan tried to defend the doll and said: “You think that but it’s been a character since 1662.”
Trisha didn’t accept the explanation and replied: “So were the black and white minstrels.”
Brian explained that he doesn’t see the puppet as a minstrel but as a black singer.
Incensed Kate said: “Well it came from conceptions at the time that we now feel are racist and many people all the way through. That’s why it’s changed.”
Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- Kate Garraway reveals her VERY messy bedroom on Good Morning Britain as Ben Shephard calls her ‘filth’
- Who is Stephen Fry’s husband Elliott Spencer and how old is he? Photographer and comedian married the QI star in 2015
- Expert claims 8 year olds should be taught about masturbation – leaving This Morning viewers outraged
- John Barrowman reveals I’m A Celeb campmates had secret code word ‘octopus’ to stop arguments without viewers knowing
- How old is Stephen Fry, when was he diagnosed with prostate cancer and who’s his husband Elliott Spencer?
- Emmerdale fans spot huge blunder as Rhona’s car ‘time travels’ between Home Farm and the village
- Emmerdale’s Jeff Hordley fuels fan theory Joe Tate is still alive as he refuses to answer question on This Morning
- Jeremy Kyle Show guest rejects son she put up for adoption – but forgives daughters who slept with her husband
- Georgia Toffolo flirts with Piers Morgan’s ‘hot’ son Spencer – one year after shutting down romance rumours
- Keith Lemon hints Emily Atack could be Fearne Cotton’s replacement on Celebrity Juice
GMB viewers baffled as comedian Nina Conti appears in monkey suit before strapping masks on Eamonn Holmes and Kate Garraway have 565 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 31, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.