The Higher State Court in Bavaria’s capital Munich has found 43-year-old Beate Zschäpe guilty of attacking and murdering non-Germans. She and her deceased alleged former lovers Uwe Mundlos and Uwe Boehnhardt committed the hate crimes; they called themselves the National Socialist Underground (NSU). She has been convicted to life imprisonment, which is the highest possible sentence in Germany. The court also acknowledged the “exceptional severity of the crime,” excluding the possibility of a parole for good conduct after 15 years in jail, which is common practice for Germany. Besides Zschäpe, former NPD party member Ralf Wohlleben was found complicit of 9 killings and sentenced to 10 years for providing help to the murderers, while Andre Eminger was cleared of the complicity accusations and got two and a half years for supporting terrorism. The extremist terror cell murdered 9 men of Turkish and Greek origin and a German policewoman between 2000 and 2007. They also committed two bomb attacks in Cologne; dozens were injured. The trial, branded by the German media “one of the most important trials in Germany’s post-war history” began in 2013 after years of unsuccessful investigations. READ MORE: Calls to Ban German Neo-Nazi Party as Landmark Hearing Kicks Off The country’s security forces were able to trace the NSU only in 2011, when the group’s two male members killed themselves in an alleged suicide pact following a failed bank… Read full this story
- From Supermax to 'Supermosque': Inside Australia's most secure prison where Islamic terrorists now fill two thirds of the cells - but serial killer Ivan Milat says it's better than most jails
- Inside the Skaf gang: From the teen raped 40 times by 14 men to the women called 'Aussie pigs' as they were sexually assaulted in parks - judge reveals why the crimes were 'worse than murder'
- Rhys Jones murderer in court bid to get his life sentence cut in HALF
- 'There have to be limits': mixed feelings from Germans over refugees
- Nazi concentration camp for CHILDREN where boys and girls were tortured, starved and experimented on is brought to life in new detail in chilling computer visualisation
- Boris Govt Rejects Petition Demanding Release of Buried Grooming Gangs Report
- Coronavirus in Sport LIVE: Premier League and Bundesliga return LATEST, UFC 249 updates, Barcelona fire SALE
- German police carry out nationwide raids on Turkish nationalist boxing club
- Vicious moment ultra-violent gangster Bassam Hamzy is bashed by a convicted terrorist in a battle to claim the title of most feared inmate at notorious Supermax prison
- A New Orleans woman convicted of murder at 16 'grew up in prison;' now she'll go free
Final Living Member of German Neo-Nazi Killer Gang Sentenced to Life in Prison have 421 words, post on sputniknews.com at July 11, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.