One man was killed when his car side-swiped a truck and then crashed into a concrete bridge pillar Tuesday morning in west Oak Cliff.
The wreck happened around 6:30 a.m. in the 1600 block of Walton Walker Boulevard, near Interstate 30, when a Chevrolet Impala traveling north made an unsafe lane change and hit a Ford F-150 pickup, Dallas police said. The Impala then crashed into the concrete structure.
The driver of the car, a man believed to be in his early 20s, died at the scene, police said.
The driver, who witnesses said was speeding and driving aggressively, was the only person in the Impala. No one in the pickup was injured, police said.
- Britain records 758 Covid new infections - down 13 cases from previous Saturday - as locked-down North West sees ZERO hospital deaths in 24 hours
- Blood-soaked Florida man clings to truck for 9 miles, bashes windshield in crazy video
- UK weather today – Brits hit beach for 37C Scorcher Saturday as cops and councils warn they could turn tourists away
- Highway to hell! Traffic jams cause travel chaos as eager sun seekers flock to the coast for last day of heatwave - despite warnings to stay away from beaches - with temperatures set to hit 91F before thunderstorms sweep in
- Britain's coronavirus R rate could now be as high as ONE: SAGE upgrades estimate amid fears of a second spike - but separate ONS figures show cases are 'levelling off' and have dropped 12% in a week
- Coronavirus death count rises by only 170 - the lowest since March 24 when lockdown began as total number killed by virus in UK reaches 34,636
- Enjoy it while you can! Britain to bask in another day of soaring temperatures before flood warnings come into effect next week as torrential storms bring heatwave to an end
- Houston officials seeking temporary housing for Harvey evacuees
- New cars can stay in their lane—but might not stop for parked cars
- Troops on the streets? Government's scientific advisers warned tension over local lockdowns could need military to stop disorder around the UK
- Earthquake Swarm | Snuggling Lions | CPK Bankruptcy | Patch PM
- NBA Power Rankings: Toronto return trip to Finals? It could happen.
- Coronavirus deaths shoot up 36% across America with Sunbelt and Midwest states seeing largest weekly spikes - after Trump said deaths were going DOWN in these regions during car crash TV interview
- A city out of time: what do we dream of when we dream of Rome?
- After the beaches, come the bars: Drinkers pack into pubs and clubs after a day spent on crowded beaches in 34.5C sunshine - but where's the social distancing?
Driver dies after hitting truck, concrete pillar in west Oak Cliff have 422 words, post on www.dallasnews.com at July 3, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.