It was his daughter-in-law, Susan Powell, who vanished. It was his son, Josh Powell, who was suspected of killing her and disposing of her body. Yet Steve Powell was a central figure in a family ordeal that played out across two states and on national television. He was the only person to go to prison in the saga and was thought by Susan Powell’s parents to be the last, best chance to learn what happened to their daughter. Those chances ended Monday when Steve Powell died at a hospital in Tacoma, Wash. Pierce County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Ed Troyer told news outlets in Washington the cause was a heart attack. Steve Powell was believed to have been 68. “I hope maybe he left some notes behind about where Susan might be,” Chuck Cox, Susan Powell’s father, said late Monday night in a short telephone interview. “And it’s a sad thing that his family’s destroyed, and now he’s gone, too.” Word of Steve Powell’s death spread through friends and family of the still-missing Susan Powell, who learned about it from law enforcement in Pierce County, where Steve Powell again resided after being paroled in 2017, hours before the public did. Steve… Read full this story
- South Central losing a football icon
- Steroids a hidden problem in NCAA?
- Steroids loom in major-college football
- For its masterful final act,
- The 22 best minor characters on TV right now
- Ultimate seven-round mock draft
- Brexit: how a fringe idea took hold of the Tory party
- Siva still writing his amazing tale
- Sandusky guilty on 45 of 48 counts
- Paternos challenge Freeh’s findings
A central figure in Susan Powell’s disappearance, and the only one to go to prison, has died have 263 words, post on www.sltrib.com at July 24, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.