New Hampshire Union Leader July 29. 2018 10:26PM
State Police provided this photo of the wreckage of a car in a Hampton Falls fatal accident this weekend. (COURTESY)
HAMPTON FALLS — State police say three people were killed and a fourth suffered life-threatening injuries after the vehicle they were in went off the road.
State police investigators believe the crash may have happened as early as 6:30 p.m. Saturday, but remained unreported until Sunday because the vehicle was hidden by dense vegetation.
A person walking along the road first reported the crash around 11 a.m. Sunday.
State Police Lt. John Hennessey said troopers from New Hampshire State Police Troop A responded to Route 88 in Hampton Falls near Applecrest Farm Orchards to investigate.
According to Hennessey, a 2009 Nissan Altima was traveling west on Route 88 when it failed to make a curve and left the road, hitting a group of trees.
Three people in the vehicle suffered fatal injuries. State police identified the victims as Jacob Raymond, 21 of Exeter, the driver of the vehicle; Sarah Frost, 18, also of Exeter, and Stephen Hansen, 22 of Seabrook.
A third passenger, identified by state police as Daniel Petruzzelli, 19, of Manchester, was transported to Portsmouth Regional Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
State police said excessive speed appears to be a contributing factor, though the accident remains under investigation. Troop A was assisted at the scene by the State Police Collision Analysis and Reconstruction Unit and Hampton Falls police and fire departments.
Anyone with information regarding the crash is asked to contact State Trooper Kevin Dobson at 679-3333 or email him at [email protected]
The most recent deaths bring to over 70 the number of people killed on New Hampshire highways this year.
State highway officials said last week the death toll represents nearly a 17 percent increase over last year.
- Winds batter city, kill three people, damage homes and spread fires
- Bronx tour bus crash kills at least 14 people after bus slams into pole and is split open
- Tornadoes rip through Colorado; 1 killed
- Judge slams DWI-slay mom
- Pennsylvania teen girl, 15, killed by falling tree when storms bring down trees on kids at Bible camp
- 5 VAN VICTIMS HAD NO CHANCE TO LIVE. 'JUST BURNING ALIVE . . .' AFTER DRIVER WITH SUSPENDED LICENSE CRASHES INTO QNS. TREE
- Fall from Grace
- Survivor recount horror stories from southern storms, tornado that killed 12
- Matthew Hoffman, killer who hid bodies in hollowed-out tree, details crime in chilling confession
- Attacks kill 57 in Iraq; Green Zone blasted by rockets and mortars
- Six killed in nor'easter: Hundreds of trees fall during storm as number of 911 calls topped 9/11
- 1 killed, driver injured after Jeep smashes into tree
- Man killed when tree falls on car driving along historic Columbia River Gorge highway in Oregon; baby survives
- Cyclone kills at least 1,100 in Bangladesh
- Rockets slam into Kabul in run-up to presidential election; first major attack on Afghan capital
- Drunk barely hurt in wreck, but pal dies
- Staten Island driver opens his Audi SUV door, falls out, dies
- Florida girl, 17, dies after construction barriers fall on car in chain-reaction crash that kills 2
- NY trooper dead, another hurt in manhunt
- Drunk driver kills her dreams
3 from Seacoast area killed, 1 hurt as vehicle slams into trees in Hampton Falls have 509 words, post on www.unionleader.com at July 28, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.