Newly hired Louis Vuitton designer Virgil Abloh debuted his first-ever men’s collection at a Fashion Week show in Paris on Tuesday morning. The classic name brand appointed Abloh as the artistic director of the luxury line’s men’s division.
Abloh revealed his Louis Vuitton sneaker along with an urban-infused collection of jumpsuits. In addition, he updated the fashion brand’s iconic Millionaire sunglasses, which were a must-have accessory years ago.
Rihanna, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian West, Travis Scott and Kylie Jenner attended the fashion show, and Kid Cudi walked down the multicolor runway to Kanye’s track ”I Thought About Killing You,” from his recent album ye. At the end of the show, Abloh received a standing ovation and embraced Kanye West.
This is not the first artistic direction role Abloh has taken on. His latest Nike x OFFWHITE sneaker collaboration sold out in retail stores and on online sneaker websites hours prior to its release. Footwear News‘s Achievement Awards dubbed his first collection of the Nike Off-White Air Jordan I as sneaker of the year in 2017.
In an interview with Vogue, Abloh, a Chicago native, expressed his wishes about his legacy at Louis Vuitton. “Laying a foundation, that’s what this season is about,” he said. “I want to speak to the generation presiding. But I also want a young generation to come in and know, hey, there’s someone here who’s listening and speaking back to them.”
Virgil Abloh and Rihanna after the Louis Vuitton Menswear Spring/Summer 2019 show as part of Paris Fashion Week on June 21 in Paris. Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
- 2023 Mercedes-Maybach S-Class Designed By Virgil Abloh Debuts With Style
- This is what fashion week thinks men will be wearing in 2019
- Off-White And Highsnobiety’s Capsule Collection Benefits Virgil Abloh's Scholarship Fund And Furthers The Designer's Legacy
- Can Louis Vuitton Win With Skaters As Virgil Abloh Signs Lucien Clarke?
- Why Virgil Abloh Is Toting Inclusion For Sustainable Design With Evian 100% Recycled Bottles
- Off-White's Virgil Abloh & Stüssy Team Up For "I Support Young Black Businesses" Initiative Phase 2
- Oscars 2022: Timothee Chalamet goes SHIRTLESS beneath Louis Vuitton womenswear blazer for ceremony
- France to hold back works from hit Paris Russia show
- Some of Paris’ Fanciest Suites Sit Atop the City’s Most Iconic Brasserie
- Off-White X Church's first genderless capsule collection has dropped
- Fashion no longer has the luxury to be silent | Opinion
- What is fashion icon Givenchy's net worth?
- The Most Exciting Paris Hotel Openings We Have To Look Forward To
- Romeo Beckham twins with girlfriend Mia Regan with controversial fashion statement
- How The Folklore's 26-Year-Old Founder Amira Rasool Is Set on Building a Luxury Fashion Conglomerate in Africa
- Rich Shanghai residents use luxury shopping bags to collect Covid-19 tests
- Here’s how to look like actress Sienna Miller, 36, who gives granny knits a stylish makeover
- The most wanted bags, shoes and accessories this season
- Historical handbags and their muses: Why Launer is The Queen's favourite handbag brand
- A recent watch collab attracted long lines of buyers, but why the huge hype?
Virgil Abloh Debuts First-Ever Louis Vuitton Men's Collection At Fashion Week in Paris have 533 words, post on www.newsweek.com at June 21, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.