A mum-of-two documented the gruelling effects of her cancer treatment on Instagram. Ruth Naylor, from Hale, feared for her life when she was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in August last year. For the next 10 months, the 33-year-old had 12 rounds of chemotherapy and bravely chose to share her cancer journey with the world. One harrowing image posted on Instagram showed Ruth dressed in a hospital gown, holding her head in her hands as a nurse administers the life-saving drugs. It was one of many that saw her attract tens of thousands of followers from across the globe. “I’ve had four significant scans and biopsies along the way and the anxiety related to waiting for results is pretty crippling,” Ruth, who is mum to Eva, four, and Oscar, two, said. “I lost weight due to being unable to combat the sickness side-effects from chemo. “I lost my hair, eyebrows and eyelashes about six weeks into treatment so have found this very difficult to deal with.” For Ruth, being able to share her experiences with her friends, family and strangers has been crucial to her recovery, and she hopes that documenting her experience will help others who are going through the… Read full this story
- Gregg Leakes Apologizes to Wife NeNe Amid Stage 3 Cancer Battle: 'She Deserves Much More'
- Tamra Judge Says Ex Simon Barney's Cancer Battle Played Into Her
- Caroline Flack's family releases unpublished Instagram post where TV star insists 'I am not a domestic abuser'
- Caroline Flack felt her ‘future was swept from under her feet’, family reveal in unpublished Instagram post
- Caroline Flack’s family release unseen Instagram post in which she insists: ‘I’m not a domestic abuser’
- Caroline Flack insisted: ‘I’m not a domestic abuser’ in unseen Instagram post shared by family
- Who says bigger is better? Bullied boy, 9, is inundated with support after his mum shared heartbreaking video of him begging to kill himself – and you should see the amazing gifts he’s received
- Demi Lovato reveals she doesn't always wake up feeling 'super confident' in reflective Instagram post: 'I deal with s**t on the daily'
- 'My heart is broken - we had something so special': Caroline Flack's boyfriend reveals his grief in emotional early morning Instagram post after his Love Island star girlfriend, 40, killed herself in her London flat
- Why ARE so many midlife women having children alone? In the past five years Britain’s seen a boom in solo motherhood, fuelled by the lucrative fertility industry - Here, four mums share their very different experiences
The brave mum sharing her cancer battle in movingly honest Instagram posts have 416 words, post on www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk at June 19, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.