Over the past 25 years, the video game business has grown to become a massive portion of the economy. Games are now a major part of the entertainment and social fabric around the world. And they are a major driver of consumer technology. My firm, DFC Intelligence, has been working with clients to understand the many segments in the global game market, and, in conjunction with Atlas Technology Group and VentureBeat, we have put together a landscape of the industry. The video game market consists of seven major subsectors: Content creation/publishing Distribution Media and information Hardware platforms Enabling infrastructure Financing and education eSports Content creation and publishing: The soul of the game industry The starting point in our landscape is content creation. This segment includes not only the companies that create games, but also the intellectual property owners that license content. For most consumers, these are the companies that are front and center when they think of the game industry. However, just as important to content creation is distribution. Game distribution: The money machine Our game distribution segment focuses on companies that get games into consumer hands. In some cases, with retailers like GameStop and Amazon, this distinction is obvious…. Read full this story
- The Last of Us Part 2 is struggling to stand out amid a brutal video game landscape the original inspired
- Here are 15 video game movies to watch this Christmas
- Weekly UK Video Game Sales Chart: 'Watch Dogs' Hacks Its Way To Top Of UK Sales, Tomodachi Life Cracks Top 10
- 10 Overpyed Video Games That Failed in 2019
- Dear Parents, Take More Responsibility for Your Kids and Stop Blaming Video Games
- Ten Important Real-Life Lessons Taught by Video Games
- PC Gaming Market Predicted To Reach $33.6 Billion In 2020, Video Game Market To Reach 90.07 Billion
- Italian Newspaper Editor Wants to Legally Ban PlayStation, Spreading Misinformation About Video Games in the Process
- Is the Sports Video Game Industry Changing?
- China Forms New Ethics Committee To Review Video Games
The $150 billion+ video game landscape: 7 segments to watch have 319 words, post on venturebeat.com at June 6, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.